Transformation Finance Director (PT or FT)
Date posted: 16/03/2020
Duration: 12 months
Salary: £90,000 per annum
With ambitious front line commitments, my client is a faith based charity, currently undergoing a full review of its operational services, most notably finance. As such they are looking for a values driven Finance Director to join them on a 12 month fixed term contract and lead them in a journey towards best practice.
To provide financial guidance and advice on all aspects of the organisation’s resources. This includes effective management of Finance alongside playing an active role in the Senior Leadership Team.
- Lead on a full review of the current accounting service including people, processes, systems and culture.
- Embed best practice and controls into the finance function to ensure effective and accountable financial management of the organisation including overseeing the investment and reserves strategies.
- Work in partnership with the local branches to ensure timely and efficient financial data.
- Oversee an organisational review to ensure the business is aligned to the new strategy where efficiencies and new initiatives are optimised.
- Qualified accountant with significant financial management experience at board level.
- Track record of working in mid-sized charitable organisations.
- Proactive, innovative and genuinely motivated by change and transformation
- Strong leadership, influencing and project management skill
Key projects and deliverables:
- Lead of a full review of the finance function Lead the annual budgeting cycle
- Oversee the UK and consolidated statutory accounts
- Ensure the on-going growth of the 3 satellite offices
- Act as the technical expert for the legal transfer and set up of a new US division
- Manage the growing IT needs of the business
The successful candidate will be a fully qualified Accountant with previous board level experience. Having worked either in industry or the Not-for-Profit sector, you will ideally bring with you international exposure or a multi-site perspective when delivering back office services. Extensive experience in IT management is essential and should be clearly evident on your CV. Gravitas and confidence will be essential elements of your personal tool box in order to deal at the very top level of this organisation without sacrificing the hands on skill set and approach needed for a small business.