Sector: Central Government
Date posted: 24/03/2020
Salary: £54,380 per annum*
The National Crime Agency (NCA) leads the UK’s fight to cut serious and organised crime. Digital, data and technology (DDAT) is at the heart of everything done within the NCA, from operations to the back-office, and the NCA need to be agile and innovative in how they respond to threats while exploiting the opportunities this presents. This has attributed to the growth of the organisation, leading to a number of exciting opportunities in the organisation including the Business Architect post.
Based at the London Hub, The Business Architect will be working with internal and external senior stakeholders, business leads and colleagues in Digital, Data, Technology and other enabling functions to:
- Provide specialist business architecture expertise to the Chief Architect, other members of the architecture team, and the wider NCA; leading on working with business directorates across the agency.
- Build the enterprise business capabilities model, working with the team to help.
- Define and maintain enterprise wide business standards, practices, and design patterns, ensuring these align with the enterprise architectural plan HMG strategies, policies, standards and industry good practice.
- Create and maintain a roadmap for business strategy for operational needs and ensure these align with strategic direction.
- Build artefacts such as business capability maps and value streams to help bridge the gap between strategy and execution
- Establish and embed standards for business quality and its measurement.
- Collaborate with the EDA team on design assurance, standards, practices and making recommendations to design authorities as needed.
- Lead workshops and similar consultations with users and others to identify business needs.
- Look across the agency and externally to identify and learn from business information architecture developments and trends.
To succeed, you will ideally be TOGAF certified with demonstrable practical experience of leading business architecture and design elements of complex, large-scale programmes; the ability to build and lead the process of deriving a business architecture blueprint and the ability to understand and resolve technical disputes across varying levels of complexity and risk. In addition, you’ll be threat led and data-driven in decision making. You must be able to lead your team or work stream effectively and drive innovation, communicate with transparency, involving your team members in the NCA’s transformation journey, and a can-do attitude to support the NCA’s ambitious goals.
Please note that to be considered, you will have to undergo SC Enhanced clearance with the ability to obtain a DV Clearance within the first 12 months in post, and also undertake and pass a substance misuse test as part of the pre-employment checks. SC Clearance checks also dictate that you must have been a UK resident for three out of the last five years.
For more information on the role please visit https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/nca-it or contact Joe Tyrrell at Allen Lane on 020 3031 9632. To register your interest, please email your CV and Supporting Statement (No more than 2 sides in length demonstrating why you are relevant) to email@example.com by 23:59 on 20/04/2020.