Information Accreditation and Advisory Manager
Sector: Central Government
Date posted: 24/03/2020
Salary: £44,371 per annum*
The National Crime Agency (NCA) leads the UK’s fight to cut serious and organised crime. Digital, data and technology (DDAT) is at the heart of everything done within the NCA, from operations to the back-office, and the NCA need to be agile and innovative in how they respond to threats while exploiting the opportunities this presents. This has attributed to the growth of the organisation, leading to a number of exciting opportunities in the organisation including the Information Accreditation and Advisory Manager within the Chief Data Office (CDO).
The CDO is responsible for managing the NCA corporate record and information holdings, whilst ensuring the NCA can confidently identify, discharge and comply with its legal information management responsibilities. Strategies are developer and standards set in gathering, storing processing, analysing and disseminating information. Requests are managed from other prosecuting authorises and the co-ordination of NCA response to major statutory and public inquiries.
As a consequence, the Information Accreditation and Advisory Manager, based in the London office alongside a team of information advisory professionals, will:
- Manage a small team delivering information assurance and accreditation services and support the Senior Manager in running an effective business function
- Manage a team responsible for ensuring the accreditation status of all NCA information systems, obtaining assurance infrastructures are managed and maintained, and conducting formal analysis on the acceptable levels of risk
- Provide advice and guidance on new systems and capability in relation to information risk management
- Liaise and collaborate with NCA partners to provide assurance that the NCA’s information assets are appropriately protected, through the effective monitoring and compliance with HMG Information Assurance standards to enable data sharing amongst partner organisations
- Support good information management compliance in the agency
To succeed, you’ll be expected to have at least three years relevant experience in information Security andyou’ll have in depth knowledge of the HMG accreditation and compliance regime, as well as knowledge of ISO27001 and HMG Information Standards and Good Practice Guides. Experience of analysing information from a range of sources and advising senior managers on information security risk is also required. It will also be desirable to hold an accreditation/qualification in Information Security, internal/lead auditing and ITCP Accreditor Path.
Please note that to be considered, you will have to undergo SC Enhanced clearance with the ability to obtain a DV Clearance within the first 12 months in post, and also undertake and pass a substance misuse test as part of the pre-employment checks. SC Clearance checks also dictate that you must have been a UK resident for three out of the last five years.
For more information on the role please visit https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/nca-it or contact Joe Tyrrell at Allen Lane on 020 3031 9632. To register your interest, please email your CV and Supporting Statement (No more than 2 sides in length demonstrating why you are relevant) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23:59 on 20/04/2020.