IT Security Senior Officer
Sector: Central Government
Date posted: 24/03/2020
Salary: £35,846 per annum*
The National Crime Agency (NCA) leads the UK’s fight to cut serious and organised crime. Digital, data and technology (DDAT) is at the heart of everything done within the NCA, from operations to the back-office, and the NCA need to be agile and innovative in how they respond to threats while exploiting the opportunities this presents. This has attributed to the growth of the organisation, leading to a number of exciting opportunities in the organisation including the IT Security Senior Officerwithin the Enterprise Service function.
Enterprise Service manages the day to day operation of the NCA IT estate, ensuring the ongoing delivery of suitably assured and operational IT services to users, responding to incidents and escalations as they arise.This is enabled through the leadership of the transition of newand changed services in and out of to the live environment andthe supervision and management of the IT supply chain toensure services are delivered in accordance with Service Levelsaligned to user expectations.
As a consequence, the IT Security Senior Officer will be responsible for ensuring the security of the NCA’s wide-ranging network and telecommunications systems to the highest security levels. The successful candidate’s role will also include;
- Providing advice and maintaining up to date knowledge in network, application and communication security solutions, and emerging technologies for security enterprise architectures and infrastructures.
- Ensuring the security of NCA’s network and telecommunications systems including the completion of network and telecommunications security audits, vulnerability assessments, and protective monitoring analysis
- Providing formal technical security analysis and review of new architecture and application designs
- Acting as a point of contact within the NCA IT Security Department to provide advice and assurance on current and emerging ICT security issues; represent the organisation at meetings, seminars and conferences.
- Providing support, guidance and advice to the Security Incident Team regarding the identification and investigation of security breaches relating to ICT systems.
To succeed, you swill ideally be qualified in relevant ICT Security or Information Security qualifications (BSc, MSc, CISA, CISM, CISSP, CLAS, GIAC, ISO 27001 etc.). You will also be expected to showcase a strong level of experience in Vulnerability Management, Endpoint Security, Patch Management, Gateway Security and Encryption, and an in-depth knowledge of network, application and communications security solutions gained within a large, complex organisation.
Please note that to be considered, you will have to undergo SC Enhanced clearance with the ability to obtain a DV Clearance within the first 12 months in post, and also undertake and pass a substance misuse test as part of the pre-employment checks. SC Clearance checks also dictate that you must have been a UK resident for three out of the last five years.
For more information on the role please visit https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/nca-it or contact Joe Tyrrell at Allen Lane on 020 3031 9632. To register your interest, please email your CV and Supporting Statement (No more than 2 sides in length demonstrating why you are relevant) to email@example.com by 23:59 on 20/04/2020.