Senior Field Engineers
Sector: Central Government
Location: West Midlands
Date posted: 24/03/2020
Salary: £35,846 per annum*
The National Crime Agency (NCA) leads the UK’s fight to cut serious and organised crime. Digital, data and technology (DDAT) is at the heart of everything done within the NCA, from operations to the back-office, and the NCA need to be agile and innovative in how they respond to threats while exploiting the opportunities this presents. This has attributed to the growth of the organisation, leading to a number of exciting opportunities in the organisation including the Senior Field Engineer roleswithin the Service Strategy & Development Department.
The Service Strategy & Development Department are responsible for the overall co-ordination of the NCA’s investment strategy and roadmap for capability development and skills growth, along with the deployment of high end capabilities in support of live operations, providing the NCA with capabilities for 21st century law enforcement.
As a consequence, the Senior Field Engineers will play a part in specifying, designing, developing, delivering and supporting new technical capabilities across all areas of the NCA. In addition to providing detailed advice in support of ongoing research and evaluation projects, responsibilities include:
- Managing the successful delivery of technical and scientificbased projects within Service Strategy & Development, ensuring collaboration opportunities are explored with government and commercial enterprise in the furtherance of NCA technical covert surveillance capability
- Supervising the successful delivery of research/development projects and undertake the evaluation of prototype technical surveillance equipment in support of Agency operations
- Ensuring projects are professionally managed in accordance with Prince2 standards, observing time and budgetary restrictions and external dependencies
- Advising on legislation, policy, tactical options and evidential opportunities to assist in the planning and implementation of investigations and operations
- Promoting professional standards and provide advice, support and develop management reports in relation to criminal and misconduct allegations that impact on organisational delivery or the Agency’s reputation
To succeed, you’ll need experience in the implementation of COSSH and risk assessments as well as experience working at heights, RF Safety, rigging and lifting. You’ll need to demonstrate practical working knowledge with Health & Safety, RF and IP cabling and connectors, and the risks associated to working at heights. In this exciting role, you may be expected travel across the UK and potentially overseas from time to time.
Please note that to be considered, you will have to undergo SC Enhanced clearance with the ability to obtain a DV Clearance within the first 12 months in post, and also undertake and pass a substance misuse test as part of the pre-employment checks. SC Clearance checks also dictate that you must have been a UK resident for three out of the last five years.
For more information on the role please visit https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/nca-it or contact Joe Tyrrell at Allen Lane on 020 3031 9632. To register your interest, please email your CV and Supporting Statement (No more than 2 sides in length demonstrating why you are relevant) to email@example.com by 23:59 on 20/04/2020.