Senior Infrastructure Engineers
Sector: Central Government
Date posted: 24/03/2020
Salary: £35,846 per annum*
The National Crime Agency (NCA) leads the UK’s fight to cut serious and organised crime. Digital, data and technology (DDAT) is at the heart of everything done within the NCA, from operations to the back-office, and the NCA need to be agile and innovative in how they respond to threats while exploiting the opportunities this presents. This has attributed to the growth of the organisation, leading to a number of exciting opportunities in the organisation including the Senior Infrastructure Engineer roles within the Target Intercept Engineering arm of the Service Strategy & Development Department.
The Service Strategy & Development Department is responsible for the overall co-ordination of the NCA’s investment strategy and roadmap for capability development and skills growth, along with the deployment of high end capabilities in support of live operations, providing the NCA with capabilities for 21st century law enforcement.
As a consequence, the Senior Infrastructure Engineers will play a part in specifying, designing, developing, delivering and supporting new technical capabilities across all areas of the NCA. Additional responsibilities include;
- Supporting the development, maintenance and enhancement of technical capabilities and participating in building new services on multiple platforms, maintaining core functionality and providing technical guidance for colleagues across the Unit.
- Gathering, recording and documenting customer requirements within the agency for remote Intelligence applications and define detailed requirements including use cases, and feature specifications.
- Managing software defects, ensuring they are tracked, investigated and corrected whether found within internal or third-party software.
- Working with the service support, infrastructure teams and non-technical user groups to identify issues before facilitating and supporting fault resolution and project handover.
- Managing the lifecycle of projects and working on on-premise and cloud infrastructure (AWS) to support and improve the systems that help tackle cybercrime
- Reviewing and implementing system monitoring, identifying issues and making proactive decisions around system health
- Understanding cybercrime learning from external threats using NCCU knowledge to harden own systems
To succeed, you’ll need to demonstrate technical experience with Cisco network infrastructure, Microsoft MSCP 2nd and 3rd line support, Linux administration, and networking or virtualisation technologies.In addition, it would be highly desirable to hold qualifications in ITIL v3/4, CCNA and AWS and a ‘can-do’ attitude to help support the exciting changes.
Location: London or Leicester (With travel across UK)
Please note that to be considered, you will have to undergo SC Enhanced clearance with the ability to obtain a DV Clearance within the first 6 months in post, and also undertake and pass a substance misuse test as part of the pre-employment checks. SC Clearance checks also dictate that you must have been a UK resident for three out of the last five years.
For more information on the role please visit https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/nca-it or contact Joe Tyrrell at Allen Lane on 020 3031 9632. To register your interest, please email your CV and Supporting Statement (No more than 2 sides in length demonstrating why you are relevant) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23:59 on 20/04/2020.
*plus £3,339 London weighting