Strategic Capital Accountant
Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 21/04/2020
Salary: £61,463 - £69,514 per annum
A County Council is currently embarking on a programme of radical change including a Finance Improvement Programme, which is aiming to address any weaknesses and lay the foundations to deliver a best in class finance function at the heart of the council. They currently have a mandate to review all that they do, and to drive organisational wide improvements in financial management.
The Strategic Capital Accountant will take an active role in supporting the rapidly growing capital programme, leading on the accounting for the large and complex programme and ensuring intricate concepts are explained simply and efficiently to aid decision making. Key deliverables will include:
- Identifying issues and trends that may have an impact across Capital to enable appropriate action to be taken
- Applying specialist expertise to make decisions where solutions are not obvious
- Driving change and embedding new ways of working to ensure high quality service delivery and value for money.
- Developing and ensuring implementation of operational plans and playing a key role in the formulation of strategic longer term plans
- Leading major programmes and reviews and representing the business area in internal and/or external initiatives to enhance reputation and service delivery
To be suitable for the role you need to be a strategically thinking fully qualified accountant with strong technical skills and the ability to influence and challenge senior stakeholders. Previous exposure to complex capital programmes is highly desirable.