Assistant Director of Digital Innovation and Delivery
Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 18/05/2020
Salary: £81,190 - £86,603 per annum
Bursting with culture, energy and opportunity, Waltham Forest is a place people want to live, raise a family and start a business. It’s also a fantastic place to work as they provide key services and deliver exciting programmes that improve the lives of their residents including the Mayor of London’s first ever Borough of Culture. This is just one of the many changes driving Waltham Forest as the place to be and one that you could help shape as their Assistant Director of Digital Innovation and Delivery.
From their response to the Covid–19 outbreak to their ambitious regeneration and growth programme, this is an exceptional opportunity to help reimagine the borough for the digital age, accelerate growth in key digital services and skills, and work with front-line teams to use technology to transform resident services.. The Digital and IT teams are at the heart of driving change and innovation and this role is central to turning great ideas into new capabilities that make a positive impact for Waltham Forest’s residents and businesses.
As the Local Authority of the Year 2019 (MJ awards), Waltham Forest expects high standards. This Assistant Director is a relatively new role that reports directly to the Chief Digital and Information Officer (CDIO), playing a vital part in shaping the future strategy of Waltham Forest’s digital agenda and spearheading technology to facilitate better public service.
The team is some way through their transformation plan, having moved most technology to the cloud, and approximately 80% of front-end transactions are now completed online. We are looking for someone who now wants to design and implement the next stage of our exciting plan, taking stakeholders with us on the journey.
This is an exciting role in which you will be directly responsible for:
- Act as a visionary and pragmatic thought-leader in digital and technology to find intelligent solutions and inspire colleagues with what can be achieved in the context of constraints of public sector.
- To act as lead officer responsible for digital innovation, understanding stakeholder needs, defining what is needed and ensuring successful delivery of innovative Digital solutions and products which will meet the needs of services and the Waltham Forest community
- The postholder will provide direction and leadership, operational management and financial control for the Digital & ICT technology strategy, and roadmap within the Council, overseeing the Digital, Architecture and Product teams
- Lead the embrace of new opportunities which will provide the tools and capabilities that will transform the work of our staff and Members and how their residents and local businesses interact with the Council and its services.
- Accountable for the technology architecture and roadmap of the organisation, ensuring the Council takes advantage of the latest / most appropriate technology to deliver its overall vision and goals
- Understand the supplier market and what Waltham Forest can build themselves. Works with stakeholders to choose suppliers and solutions that meet organisational needs.
- Accountable for digital delivery and operations and the delivery of excellent customer experience.
- Works with colleagues and departments across the Council to introduce the latest digital techniques (including Agile and Lean) which will allow rapid deployment and development within a longer-term transformational context.
- Accountable for the security and information governance of Waltham Forest’s technology platform.
This exciting opportunity will suit someone who wants to deliver innovative and cost-effective Digital solutions that provide unrivalled customer experience and value, especially within local government and the public sector. You will have a proven track record of delivering successful technology products and leading engaged and effective Digital teams.
The role calls for a pragmatic individual with an impressive track record of working on significant change and promoting excellent operational performance in tandem, someone who can deliver at pace within a tight budget circumstances – focussing on making a real difference to the council services and end users.
For further information and an in-depth discussion about the role and benefits of working for Waltham Forest, please contact Louis Hall at Allen Lane on 07515754573 or email@example.com.