Band 6 Management Accountant
Date posted: 22/05/2020
Salary: £36,070 - £42,712 per annum
A career opportunity has arisen for a Management Accountant to join Epsom and St. Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust.
Epsom and St. Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust (ESTH) is a dynamic Trust which offers an extensive range of services, including cancer, pathology, surgery, and gynecology to the population in south west London and north east Surrey. They operate two general hospitals, Epsom Hospital and St. Helier Hospital, and run services from other locations, including Sutton Hospital. They are also part of two innovative integrated care partnerships – Sutton Health and Care and Surrey Downs Health and Care. As teaching hospitals, ESTH plays a key role in the education and training of tomorrow’s doctors, nurses and other health professionals. With nearly 900,000 people coming to the hospitals for care and treatment every year, their 5,000 staff and 500 volunteers work around the clock to keep their busy hospitals running smoothly.
Management Accountant Duties and Responsibilities:
The Management Accountant reports to the Directorate Finance and Business Manager for one clinical and one corporate division. Some of the key duties include:
- To produce accurate and timely financial information, including detailed written reports outlining key financial issues.
- To review the draft budget statements each month and make necessary adjustments ensuring the statements accurately reflect the financial position.
- To investigate and obtain explanations for significant variances and to discuss these variances with budget holders and managers.
- To proactively assist the Directorate Management team in identifying cost and efficiency savings, enabling the Management Team to ensure a break-even position is achieved and that cost improvement targets are met.
- To meet regularly with budget holders and Directorate Management teams to assess financial performance, to discuss financial issues and to provide proactive advice.
Management Accountant Person Specification:
The Management Accountant should be able to demonstrate significant progress towards becoming a CCAB Qualified Accountant and will have relevant experience working in a Management Accounts Department. This person must be a confident communicator (both written and verbal) and will have the ability to interpret and utilise complex information for reporting, forecasting, costing and planning. They must also be a proactive and self-motivated individual who can plan, organise and prioritise multiple tasks.
Candidates with experience in the NHS, private sector or wider public sector are encouraged to apply. We are looking for people who are motivated, ambitious and want to work in an environment where they can make a difference.
Epsom and St. Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust’s Values:
Above all ESTH value RESPECT. It helps them to live their behaviours:
So they can achieve their mission: to deliver great care to every patient, every day. It is important that this person’s values are in line with these expectations and that they are able to communicate well and work with people at all levels of the organisation.
Your salary and benefits:
- Band 6 £36,070 – £42,712 (inclusive of HCAS)
- CCAB study support
- 27 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays (holiday entitlement raises to 33 days with service)
- Excellent training, learning and development opportunities
- Generous pension scheme (including 20.68% employer contribution anda tiered system of employee contribution depending on your salary from 5% to 14.5%).
- A comprehensive staff health and well-being programme
- High quality childcare options
- Health services discounts (retail, holidays, entertainment and restaurants)
- Season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
Please visit our dedicated microsite for more information: https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/esth
HOW TO APPLY AND CLOSING DATE:
To apply please email your CV and cover letter to ESTH@allenlane.co.uk before midnight on Thursday 11th June. Early applications are strongly encouraged.
If you are successfully shortlisted, you will be contacted and interviews will follow shortly after. If you have not been contacted by Friday 26th June unfortunately you have not been selected to interview on this occasion.
Allen Lane are our recruitment partner for this campaign. If you would like to find out more information before applying please contact Brooke Cooper at Allen Lane on 0203 056 1390 or email@example.com.