Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 01/06/2020
Salary: £38,317 - £45,769 per annum
London Fire Brigade is here to help make London the safest global city. Their vision is to be a world class fire and rescue service for London, Londoners and visitors. This means working to make sure London has the lowest number of fires, and fewer injuries and deaths caused by fire. To help meet the challenges of making London a safer place to live, work and visit they are looking to recruit a Finance Analyst.
As a support service, the delivery of high quality financial services is crucial to the efficient, effective and economic achievement of the Authority’s vision. The regulatory, stewardship and strategic responsibilities of the Finance department are fundamental to the operation of the Authority. The Finance department is responsible for providing a high quality, professional and cost effective financial advice service to the Authority, Management Boards, and Officers.
The Finance Analyst will report to the Financial Planning Accountant and will manage a Finance Business Partner. They will be responsible for the delivery of a financial business partnering support to nominated departments. Key responsibilities will include;
- Working with stakeholders to support decision making across departments
- Supporting the development and implementation of the Authority’s Medium Term Forecast and annual budget process
- Developing financial budget and monitoring processes to make them more robust and less resource intensive
- Providing financial information, advice and support on the management and monitoring of budgets and associated activities
- Promoting initiative and innovation
- Embedding and contributing towards the development of key financial controls and to support the annual closure of accounts processes
To be suitable for the role you need to be either qualified or a finalist level accountant with excellent written and oral communication skills. Experience of drafting financial reports and analysing and interpreting complex financial data is essential.
For more information, an informal discussion or to apply please contact Will Ryan at Allen Lane on email@example.com . Application is by CV and cover letter. The cover letter should be no more than two pages and should say why you are interested in the role and why you believe you are suitable.