Type: Fixed Term Contract
Date posted: 02/06/2020
Duration: 9 months
Salary: £40,000 per annum
My client is a vibrant arts organisation and venue with a rich history and passionate culture. They are currently seeking a talented Finance Manager from the not-for-profit sector to join their close-knit team for the next 9 months. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about working for the Arts Sector and who thrives in a smaller team where they have scope to influence strategy but also be hands on in the day to day running of the finance function.
- Lead the annual budget process, critically evaluating assumptions and ensuring that budgets for the Foundation and its trading subsidiary are consistent with strategic plans
- Contribute to the Foundation’s overall strategic development and business planning process and prepare financial strategies and plans for long-term resilience and sustainability to support this
- Develop business partnering practices to support budget holders and promote broader financial awareness, Supporting the Senior Team and Board of Trustees with high-quality financial information
- Being responsible for monthly payroll, pensions and VAT and tax
- If extended past 9 months, being responsible for leading on the year end process and relationship with auditors.
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with broad accounting experience across Management and Financial reporting, ideally from SME Arts background or similar. Experience of running payroll is a must, and knowledge of SORP is desirable.