Interim Senior Finance Analyst
Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 05/06/2020
Duration: 6 months
Salary: £500 - £600 per day
A Local Authority currently have a need for an Interim Senior Financial Analyst to be the finance lead for the subsidiary housing companies.
This is a highly independent role where you will be required to support strategic decision-making through evidence-based analysis of financial implications of board and service area decisions. You will be required to bring about strategic change and bring ideas to the table to improve finances and operations. You will also be required to challenge the board if necessary, to ensure financial implications are understood. You are responsible for the control environment and have the power to create your own processes and procedures to increase efficiency, mitigate risks and improve working relationships with finance and service areas.
- Lead finance position responsible for two subsidiary housing companies wholly owned by the Council. Supervised by Head of Finance but in many aspects, acting independently from the Council as the lead finance role for the companies.
- Represents finance on company board meetings providing financial insight to the board via board reports, board presentations, financial modelling and engaging with the board to ensure senior staff understand financial implications of strategic decisions.
- Responsible for cash flow analysis and monitoring the financial health of both companies
- Responsible for updating financial models and business plans, including option appraisals for large capital projects up to £40m.
- Responsible for assessing suitable sources of finance, including selling shares, securing loans and seeking grants. This includes negotiating with the Council as the main source of finance, trying to find the right balance to maximise the interests of both organisations.
- Managing a small team to carry out daily finance activities and provide business partnering to services. This includes but not limited to monitoring company performance against business plan, improving SLA processes, implementing stronger controls, increasing collaboration with service areas to improve financial management.
- Responsible for ensuring a strong control environment is in place to mitigate risks and uncertainties in operations. Works with operational staff to ensure risk register is up to date and includes financial implications.
- Responsible for producing the final accounts and leading on the audit engagement
- Assists in contract negotiation with external contractors and service level agreements with the Council.
- Leading finance role supporting the charity for the London Borough of Culture. This includes setting up Sage and agreeing SLA processes and general finance support and business partnering.
You will be CCAB qualified and experience ideally within Housing/Commercial sector
This role will be remote working for the foreseeable