Chief Financial Officer
Sector: Central Government
Date posted: 05/06/2020
Salary: Circa £125,000 per annum (usual Civil Service rules apply)
The National Crime Agency (NCA) leads UK law enforcement’s fight to cut serious and organised crime. The threat from serious and organised crime is a national security priority. It affects individuals, communities, our economy and society and undermines the Government’s domestic and overseas policies. It is also fast-evolving; the more we uncover, the bigger and more complex it appears.
At NCA, our role is threefold; to produce a compelling and accurate intelligence picture of the serious and organised crime threats, to operate proactively at the high end of high risk and to develop, deploy and maintain specialist capabilities that support national law enforcement.
We’re undergoing significant transformation as we strive to build ever stronger, national, serious and organised crime fighting capability and it is imperative that we can work with the utmost sophistication in every aspect of our operation.
An outstanding opportunity has arisen for an exceptional Chief Financial Officer to lead on Finance, Commercial, Estates and Fleet Operations for the Agency. The successful candidate will be adept at balancing operational financial management expertise with strategic nous, at the same time as ensuring finance is at the heart of Agency decision making, driving alignment to the functions strategies and standards established across government for your areas. In addition, being an NCA board member, you will:
- Ensure the Agency has effective business and investment plans to support the delivery of the strategy.
- Deliver a high quality service, combining robust information and analysis to provide insight and constructive challenge to effectively support strategic innovation and sound business decisions across the Agency.
- Use your proven, visible leadership skills to develop and maintain a respected and collaborative professional team which commands credibility at all levels and promotes a culture of value for money across the organisation.
- Ensure the Agency adheres to the principles of Managing Public Money and that the Accounting Officer’s position is considered in all relevant decisions.
- Use your exceptional communication skills to lead on negotiations with the Home Office, Treasury and Cabinet Office on resources and efficiency and be a regular attendee at the cross-government Financial Leadership Group (FLG) and other relevant groups to ensure close working with our partners.
This is a high-profile position and you will be joining the Agency at an exciting and challenging time. As such, a connection with the NCA mission is crucial as is a strong degree of personal resilience. The successful candidate must hold a professional finance qualification and have the ability to acquire and retain DV status. You will have inspirational leadership skills and experience of operating successfully in a complex government and/or law enforcement financial environment. A change agent, you must be able to initiate and implement transformational change, particularly to reduce cost.
For more information on this position please see our candidate pack, here.
We encourage all candidates to discuss the role further before submitting an application. For an informal discussion about the role please contact Tim Salmon on 07921 335 786 or email NCACFO@allenlane.co.uk. Interested candidates should submit a CV with a supporting statement (of no more than 2 pages) to NCACFO@allenlane.co.uk by 23:59 on Sunday 28th June.
NCA is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and want our workforce to reflect the communities that we serve. We are also committed to the employment and career development of disabled people.