Category Manager – Construction
Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 08/06/2020
Salary: £53,500 - £56,700 per annum + potential market supplement
Waltham Forest is one of the greenest and fastest growing areas in the Capital, Council of the Year 2019 and also London’s first Borough of Culture. With fantastic connectivity, huge investment potential and limitless ambition Waltham Forest is a great place to live and work.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated procurement category manager with extensive experience of complex construction and capital projects to deliver excellent and innovation across construction and capital programmes.
- Lead construction procurements including competitive dialogue, management and monitoring of contracts and supplier performance to ensure value and quality of delivery
- Provide innovative procurement solutions to deliver high profile projects on time and on budget as part of multiple project delivery teams
- Work closely with Growth, Housing, Property, Legal and Finance across two Councils.
- Lead in identifying and delivering multi-million pound savings efficiencies that meet Council priority needs as well as implementing procurement best practices.
- Be present across the two Councils that they currently support: at Walthamstow (for London Borough of Waltham Forest) and Ilford (for London Borough of Redbridge).
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Extensive experience of best practice construction procurement contracts from concept through to delivery
- Suitable experience on major capital programmes and complex projects
- Experience of developing and successfully delivering sourcing solutions, realising strategic objectives
- Delivering projects to time and budget
- Leading cross functional project tams
- Experience of construction related procurement projects in a public sector environment
- Experience of NEC3 and JCT forms of contract
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent
- Relevant professional qualification
- Full MCIPS or equivalent in strategic sourcing
- Project Management experience
- An ability to work with Senior Managers and Councillors.
Closing date for applications: 9am Wednesday 17th June 2020
Please send CV and supporting statement (max 1 page) to email@example.com
For further information and for a confidential discussion, please contact me on 0203 0319639.