Head of Finance (Resources and Commercial)
Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 15/06/2020
Salary: £65,733 - £74,496 per annum + excellent benefits
As the county of opportunity, we want Hertfordshire to continue to be a county where people are able to live healthy, fulfilling lives in thriving, prosperous communities.
Aligned with this ambitious and rewarding vision, Council staff are working hard to respond positively and proactively to a wide range of operational and financial challenges. As part of this ongoing transformation, and to ensure finance continues to be a high performing function, we have reviewed how finance supports the organisation, reorganised our structure and created a new team within finance to help meet these challenges.
The Head of Finance (Resources and Commercial) will lead this new team and be the finance lead in key areas of commercialism, linking into external companies and the Council’s transformation plans. They will play an integral part of the Resources Department senior leadership teams, helping to develop solutions and further innovation to meet any challenges the Council may face. Key responsibilities will include;
- Leading the team that brings together support for commercial and transformation initiatives
- Providing strategic financial advice to the Council on its commercial activity, including assessment of commercial business cases and coordination of financial support for a range of trading and other entities
- Developing financial aspects of the management and delivery of the Council’s transformation programmes.
- To lead the financial support for the Community Protection and Resources departments, providing financial support to Service Chief Officers, Senior Managers and elected members and supporting them to enable them to meet their responsibilities
- To oversee the financial management of the capital programme across the Council and to ensure effective processes are in place to support best use of the Council’s capital resources, including linking to the transformation programme and efficiency plans.
To be suitable, you must be an innovative and commercially minded qualified finance professional with a positive attitude and substantial experience of working in a lead financial role, alongside proven experience of service transformation and supporting commercial activities. The ability to influence and challenge is also essential.
To see the job description and for further information on Hertfordshire County Council please refer to https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/hcc2020
For more information or an informal discussion, please contact Will Ryan at Allen Lane on 07789871864. To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to Hertscc@allenlane.co.uk by Monday 13th July. The cover letter should be no more then two pages and should say why you are interested in the role and why you believe you are suitable.