Date posted: 22/06/2020
Salary: c. £40,000 per annum
Greenwich Hospital is a unique 325 year old Crown Charity. On a cold October day in 1694, William III and Mary II signed a royal charter establishing a Crown charity for the benefit of naval seamen and their families. Things have changed a lot since then, but Greenwich Hospital remains a vital provider of funds in supporting naval sea men and women in the UK.
Greenwich Hospital is no longer a hospital, nor is it based in Greenwich. What it is is an organisation with an extensive asset portfolio that it manages to generate funds to provide necessary charitable support to a range of worthwhile causes in the navy sector. We hold property investments in Greenwich town centre, including the lively Greenwich Market, as well as agricultural and residential holdings in Suffolk and Northumberland, and a significant financial investment fund.
And with that deep heritage, and an eye to the future, we are looking for a proactive Financial Accountant with robust technical skills to join during an exciting period of change and provide high quality support to a newly structured finance team.
Reporting into the Financial Controller, your responsibilities include:
- Being responsible for the preparation of Head Office accounts;
- Managing accounts payable, accounts receivable and reconciliation of Head Office balance sheet accounts;
- Supporting the Financial Controller in preparation of VAT returns, cash flows and year end accounts;
- Driving development of GH financial systems and continuously implementing new process improvements.
The successful candidate is likely to be fully qualified and to come from an audit, charity or commercial background. We are looking for a friendly and open individual, with excellent organisational and communication skills. Suitable candidates will have exceptional attention to detail but will also be capable of stepping back and assessing the bigger picture. This would be a fantastic opportunity for a newly qualified professional looking to make the first move out of practice. Exceptional part qualified finance professionals will also be considered.
- Application deadline: Monday 6th July
- Shortlisting: beginning of w/c 13th July
- First stage interviews: Thursday 16th July / Friday 17th July
- Group and Final interviews: w/c 20th July
For more information please visit: https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/grenhosp
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to GrenHosp@allenlane.co.uk by Monday 6th July. For an informal discussion regarding the roles, please don’t hesitate to contact Bryony Feeney on 07921334625.