Date posted: 22/06/2020
Salary: c. £50,000 per annum
Greenwich Hospital is a unique 325 year old Crown Charity. On a cold October day in 1694, William III and Mary II signed a royal charter establishing a Crown charity for the benefit of naval seamen and their families. Things have changed a lot since then, but Greenwich Hospital remains a vital provider of funds in supporting naval sea men and women in the UK.
Greenwich Hospital is no longer a hospital, nor is it based in Greenwich. What it is is an organisation with an extensive asset portfolio that it manages to generate funds to provide necessary charitable support to a range of worthwhile causes in the navy sector. We hold property investments in Greenwich town centre, including the lively Greenwich Market, as well as agricultural and residential holdings in Suffolk and Northumberland, and a significant financial investment fund.
And with that deep heritage, and an eye to the future, we are looking for an ambitious and forward thinking Financial Controller, to join during an exciting period of change and provide high quality support to a newly structured finance team.
Reporting into the Finance Director, this is a key position and your responsibilities include:
- Being responsible for the preparation of consolidated accounts (monthly management and annual financial), quarterly VAT returns, monthly cash flows;
- Overseeing and developing financial procedures, and updating policy papers;
- Driving development of GH financial systems and continuously implementing new process improvements;
- Supporting and deputising for the Finance Director, including in the preparation of Panel and Board papers.
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant from the charity, commercial or wider public sector. You will have an understanding of strong financial control environments and a proven record of an ability to highlight process improvements and implement change. We are looking for somebody driven who will provide a ‘best in class’ approach to GH’s finance team. Experience of Group Accounting would be an advantage.
- Application deadline: Monday 6th July
- Shortlisting: beginning of w/c 13th July
- First stage interviews: Thursday 16th July / Friday 17th July
- Group and Final interviews: w/c 20th July
For more information please visit: https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/grenhosp
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to GrenHosp@allenlane.co.uk by Monday 6th July. For an informal discussion regarding the roles, please don’t hesitate to contact Bryony Feeney on 07921334625.