Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 10/08/2020
Salary: Up to £75,000 per annum
Waltham Forest has a challenging, customer focused digital agenda. The council are looking for a skilled and experienced Lead Developer to join the Digital Team to help deliver great public services that are not only highly effective but also easily accessible. They have championed the digitisation of services as well as adopting a ‘mobile first’ model to ensure we are giving our residents the greatest possible access to council services.
As a Lead Developer in the Digital Team you are responsible for playing a key role in the design and development, deployment, testing and maintenance of the digital services we offer residents and businesses within Waltham Forest. You are fundamental to ensuring these digital services are supported by a reliable, manageable and feature-rich application landscape, which is ever-evolving. You will provide leadership and decision making on the overarching solution architecture for the Digital Team.
You will make major contributions to strategic projects and digital service improvements, working with services across the council to provide recommendations and solutions that will help Waltham Forest achieve its corporate strategy. You will be deeply passionate about improving people’s lives, agile delivery and the on-going development of digital services that provide a great customer experience.
Knowledge and Experience
- Expert knowledge and experience developing digital services and processes using GovService software, including My Account, Service (CRM), Dash, Mobile and Forms, and integrating these with other applications.
- Excellent knowledge of local government applications and their function and remit within the organisation’s architecture
- Solid experience using database structured query language (SQL).
- An excellent understanding of API development, documentation and best practices.
- Knowledge on Virtualization and Cloud technologies including Azure integration stacks (e.g. Azure Logic Apps, API Mgt., Service bus, etc.).
- Understanding of design, develop and implement technical solutions in Microsoft Azure and .NET software applications and solutions
- Knowledge of technologies used to support web applications, including databases, servers and backups.
- An understanding of how new technologies might solve technical and business problems (cloud computing services, serverless, scaling).
- An understanding of software design principles and experience working in an agile environment, having worked on projects and services previously as a member of an agile team.
- Experience solutionising business requirements to technical deliverables
- Experience of using testing to validate solutions.
- Experienced and skilled at communicating reasoning, ideas and technical problems using non-technical language.
- Proactive and results-oriented, creative and innovative in finding solutions to complex problems.
- The ability to quickly research and learn and apply the basics of new development tools and techniques.
- Ability to manage a team – provide support, direction and coaching