Financial Accountant – Treasury Management
Sector: Local Government
Location: South East
Date posted: 16/07/2020
Duration: 6 months
Salary: £450 - £550 per day
A Local Authority currently looking for a Financial Accountant with a focus on treasury management and regulatory requirements in relation to taxation, to ensure that the required standards and/or deadlines are met, and support the delivery of related aspects of the Council’s statutory financial accounting and reporting requirements.
- Provide practical advice and guidance consistent with the Council’s accounting policies, internal financial controls and relevant legislation, regulations and Codes to ensure the highest standards of financial governance in all of the Council’s decision making and operations.
- Support the provision of high quality strategic advice on financial strategies, projects and other initiatives
- Participate in and support the implementation of changes to accounting practice or other regulatory requirements to ensure that the Council’s statutory financial accounts provide a true and fair view of the Council’s financial performance and position.
- Participate in and support the implementation of major changes to Government policies and procedures (including those related to taxes and duties) that impact on the Council’s income, expenditure and/or cash.
- Provide quality assurance in relation to financial practices, accounting requirements, taxation and/or certification of claims and returns.
- Support the achievement of an effective and unqualified external audit of the Council’s annual accounts and, where relevant, the achievement of favourable outcomes from other external or statutory inspections.
- Support the maintenance of the Council’s financial policies, practices, budgetary disciplines, regulations, accounting requirements and performance standards.
- Ensure the maintenance of effective internal controls and assurance processes to ensure that the Council is properly governed in terms of financial transactions, financial reporting, financial performance, financial planning and in securing value for money.
You will be CCAB qualified ideally with treasury management within a local authority or have proven experience working in a local authority corporate finance department
Due to COVID-19 this role will be remote working for the foreseeable