Senior Research Grant Administrator
Date posted: 20/07/2020
Duration: 6 months +
Salary: £175 - £215 per day
An excellent new opening has arisen for a role as an interim Senior Research Grant Administrator within a world renowned research institute situated in the heart of central London.
This is an opportunity to join a prestigious organisation that are looking to recruit this key financial post on an initial 3 month interim basis to work closely with the Head of Grant Accounting & Financial Systems to oversee the Grant Application and Award process.
The key responsibilities of this role are as follows:
- To deliver core financial administrative support on strategic MIS areas such as utilising the internal costing tools and approving or declining grant applications.
- Develop a good working relationship with and be the main finance point of contact for all grant based enquires at the institute.
- Regularly review external grant income and expenditure, taking corrective action where required to ensure financial terms and conditions compliance while also ensuring that invoicing takes place in line with agreements.
- To review the cost of each application and ensure they are in line with the internal terms and conditions of the institute whilst also flagging any concerns to a member of the finance team.
Key person specification:
- A minimum of 2 years experience within a grant based role, ideally within the Higher Education sector.
- High levels of IT skills with a knowledge of computer based accounting systems, particularly Excel.
- Strong research grant understanding.
- Excellent organisational and management skills, with an ability to work to specific deadlines whilst organising their own workload.
- Adaptability and flexible with a particular willingness to learn new skills as systems and needs develop.
- Good oral and written communication.
- A recognised higher education degree and experience of the charity sector and/or the higher education sector is desired but not essential.
If you feel that you possess the skills and the experienced we’re looking for then we would like for you to send us your resume and your ideal day rate. Please note applications will be reviewed prior to closing and as such immediate application is recommended.