Sector: Local Government
Type: Fixed Term Contract
Date posted: 20/07/2020
Duration: 6 months FTC
Salary: £28,000 - £32,500 per annum
Allen Lane is currently working in partnership with an award winning local authority, based in South West London. The Authority in question is currently looking to recruit a Financial Analyst.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a respected organisation that is looking to recruit this key financial post on an initial 6 month interim basis.
The key responsibilities of this role are as follows:
- To produce accurate and timely reviews of quarterly budgets and forecasts.
- Advice budget holders on routine accounting matters as required.
- Assist the Senior Management Accountant in a range of duties, including; budgeting, yearend accounts and forecasting.
- Handling the organisations VAT returns.
- Assist with the creation of new financial models in order to measure confidential data with the intention of developing an understanding of the future finances of the organisation.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors when required.
- Maintain the nominal ledger to ensure all transactions are correct whilst insuring that the establishment complies within their financial regulations.
Key person specification:
- High levels of IT skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office and especially Excel.
- Excellent organisational and management skills, with an ability to work to specific deadlines.
- Experienced at audit preparation and management accountancy tasks.
- Experience within the Higher Education sector, particularly in a large, complex organisation.
- Adaptability and flexible with a particular willingness to learn new skills as systems and needs develop.
If you feel that you possess the skills and the experience we’re looking for then we would like for you to send us your resume and your ideal day rate. Please note applications will be reviewed prior to closing and as such immediate application is recommended.