Interim Deputy Director of Finance
Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 28/07/2020
Duration: 6 months
Salary: £750 per day
A Local Authority are currently looking to recruit an Interim Deputy Director of Finance(Deputy 151 Officer), where you will be the strategic lead for all the Council’s finance and investment
- Lead and manage the council’s finance team and be accountable for the effective delivery of the financial strategy, annual investment and treasury management strategy and risk management policy
- Be responsible for ensuring that all budget holders and managers have access to sound and timely financial advice on policy and strategic issues.
- Be responsible for providing strategic financial leadership for the Council in relation to budget management, and investment
- Ensure that the teams provide management and the budget managers in the departments with access to sound and timely financial advice on policy and strategic issues and will be responsible for developing and enhancing the financial management competencies of budget managers across the organisation.
- Provide support and advice to Executive Directors, Cabinet Members and Committees and support the S151 Officer in the effective planning, monitoring and delivery of the Council’s financial strategy, treasury management strategy and investment strategy.
- You will lead on the development and implementation of all financial aspects of the Council’s budget planning process for revenue, capital and the pension fund to ensure the effective integration of service and financial planning processes across the organisation and with our partners.
You will be CCAB qualified and have extensive experience of working at a similar level within Local Government.
Due to COVID-19 this role will be remote working for the foreseeable