Date posted: 17/08/2020
Duration: 6 months +
Salary: £250 - £300 per day
A prominent university in the heart of Central London is recruiting a Reporting Accountant.
This key financial post will involve working closely with the Head of Financial Reporting to produce consolidated management accounts inside the given deadlines for an initial 6 month period.
Other key duties of this role include:
- Producing consolidated monthly management accounts for the University and develop reports to give valuable insights into the performance of the University.
- Producing the audited financial statements of the University to the standards required by FRS, HE SORP and SFC.
- Producing consolidated annual budgets and five-year plans across the University
- Producing other routine and ad-hoc external financial reporting such as Transparent Approach to Costing (TRAC) and HESA (Higher Education Statistic Agency) returns.
- Developing the University’s capability to produce accurate forecasts of financial performance.
Key person specification:
- Fully qualified CCAB accountant is desired but Part Qualification will also be accepted alongside relevant experience.
- High levels of IT skills including; business objects, knowledge of Microsoft Office and especially Excel.
- Excellent organisational and management skills, with an ability to work to specific deadlines.
- Experienced at working within a higher education institution.
- Prior experience with Higher Education regulatory returns.
- Adaptability and flexible with a particular willingness to learn new skills and participate in relevant training and staff development opportunities.
You must be available to start by the 1st September.
If you can display the above aptitudes and characteristics we would like to hear from you. Please note applications will be reviewed prior to closing and as such immediate application is recommended.