Programme Scrum Master & Agile Coach
Sector: Central Government
Location: South East
Type: Fixed Term Contract
Date posted: 21/10/2020
Duration: 18 months FTC
Salary: £46,093 - £61,187 per annum
The Pensions Regulator (TRP) is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement. This is an excellent time to join TPR and a chance to be part of the biggest change to pensions in a generation.
TPR are recruiting to an 18-month FTC for a Programme Scrum Master & Agile Coach. As an Agile Lead, you will provide expertise within the Programme Management Office, assisting the delivery of an exciting new Technology Programme. With the Programme already in the delivery phase, so at a critical point on the roadmap, you will be a key player within the PMO. You will lead on defining Agile standards and metrics, enhancing maturity across the entire Programme and ensuring consistency across all work streams. You will lead on the provision of agile data and metrics, coaching where necessary to drive effective delivery of work stream and Programme outcomes.
Key duties and responsibilities of the Programme Scrum Master & Agile Coach will include:
- Lead on the delivery of agile metrics and data across work streams
- Provide leadership to build effective and collaborative project / work stream teams with a shared sense of direction in an Agile environment
- Set clear standards for how work streams should be working, how tooling should be used and what metrics are required to track progress and quality of outputs.
- Identify areas across the Programme where teams are not performing effectively and provide coaching support to improve or integrate with others.
- Work with the Programme Manager and PMO Design, to exploit and report on Agile Programme Metrics to assure successful delivery
- Be the go-to Lead on the Azure DevOps application for Workstream Teams to ensure appropriate and consistent use across the Programme
- Support with the design and execution of Programme Agile Ceremonies at work stream and Programme level in line with Scaled Agile processes
- Act as Scrum Master for the PMO
TPR are looking for a doer, who is proactive, flexible and has the ability to communicate skills at all levels. This opportunity is open to applicants from all sectors, but you must demonstrate the ability to hit the ground running as the Programme is already in the delivery phase. It is therefore essential applicants are:
- Capable of successfully leading and coaching multiple Scrum Teams in and Digital Technology, Agile Environment.
- Complexity – medium to high (from medium transactional projects up to large transformational projects)
- Accredited to Practitioner level in an industry recognised Agile project management methodology (e.g. SAFe SM, APMG Certified Agile Project Management Practitioner, AgilePgM etc.) or equivalent experience
- Ability to mentor and coach stakeholders in medium to large Agile Programme Team practices and influence thinking
- Agile Coaching in a Scrum Environment
- Applied Agile change governance through full lifecycle from receipt of request through to implementation
- Expert use of Azure DevOps including exploitation of system MI
- Highly skilled at stakeholder management and facilitation to be able to conclude discussions and reach consensus where multiple stakeholders may have multiple conflicting needs.
- Ability to communicate clearly and confidently to all stakeholders, both orally and in writing, to influence thinking and to indirectly manage the action of others e.g. stakeholders up to Executive Director and Portfolio Oversight Board level
- Successful management and delivery of medium – large scale digital and data projects and/or programmes within time/cost/quality tolerances using Agile approaches
- Extensive Scrum Master experience
Your salary and benefits:
- £46,093 – £61,187 (pending business case)
- Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
- Discretionary bonus arrangements
- Access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- Flexible working arrangements
- Development opportunities
- Enhanced parental leave arrangements
- A free employee assistance programme
- An excellent office location in Brighton, although role requires working from home for the foreseeable
The Pensions Regulator is an inclusive employer and offers equal opportunities to all regardless of an individual’s age, disability, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. TPR welcomes applications from the BME and LGBT communities who are currently under represented at TPR.
Candidates who declare that they have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job will be offered an interview.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest in the role. Applicants will be required to provide a covering letter with details of how your experience and skills meet our essential criteria. The closing date for applications will be Wednesday 28th October, so early applications are encouraged.