Interim Senior Policy and Commissioning Manager
Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 26/10/2020
Duration: 6 months
Salary: £500 - £550 per day
A public sector body are urgently looking to recruit an Interim Senior Policy and Commissioning Manager
You will be responsible for commissioning services to achieve organisations priorities within their Police and Crime Plan.
You will support the development of a commissioning strategy and be involved in all aspects of the commissioning cycle to achieve value for money.
Lead and performance manage a team responsible for delivering the Police and Crime Plan with commitments to crime reduction and crime prevention.
You will contribute to policy and deliver services which are outcome based, responsive and lead to a more efficient, effective and innovative criminal justice system. Work collaboratively and build constructive relationships with prospective providers, external partners and stakeholders to achieve the organisations priorities.
- Work with the Head of Service to contribute and deliver the organisations commissioning
- To be involved in all aspects of the commissioning cycle to ensure effectiveness and value for money is
- Work across teams and directorates to ensure commissioned services meet organisational needs, relevant due diligence checks have been undertaken and reporting and quality measures are in
- Lead and performance manage an operational team, develop policy issues. Areas include, but not limited to:
- Gangs and youth violence
- Violence against women and girls, including a pan-London domestic violence service and support for London’s four Rape Crisis Centres
- Building efficiency and effectiveness within the Criminal Justice system
- Young People services
- Services for Victims
- Build effective partnerships with Local Authorities, the MET, charities and other crime reduction organisations across London to deliver the organisations priorities.
- You will have significant management experience of commissioning, working in partnership and service delivery within a criminal justice environment or a large public sector organisation, with a proven track record of successful commissioning and involvement throughout the commissioning cycle.
- A strong understanding and knowledge of criminal justice policy, crime reduction and policing is ideal, but experience of commissioning end to end will be also.
- The ability to manage and lead effective teams holding them to account through performance management and deliver outcomes. Collaborative and solution focused manager who can work across teams and directorates to achieve the organisations priorities.
- Strong ability to build relationships, influence and negotiate with prospective providers of commissioned services, stakeholders and partners. Skills at working across organisational boundaries, building rapport and motivating others to
This role will be remote working for the foreseeable due to COVID-19