Financial Planning Lead
Sector: Local Government
Location: South East
Date posted: 09/02/2021
Salary: £48,800 - £54,800 per annum
Reading Borough Council are entering a period of exciting change. Despite the challenges facing local authorities Reading are focused on improving the quality of life for residences, including investing in new leisure facilities, reducing their carbon footprint, improving customer service and putting in place more self-enabling support within Social Care.
To support these changes and also to play a key role in the finance improvement programme underway at Reading, we are recruiting three finance roles including the Financial Planning Lead.
The Financial Planning Lead will manage a team responsible for the co-ordination and consolidation of the Medium Term Financial Strategy, annual budget and financial performance reporting, through working with the finance business partners and their internal clients. They will be key in ensuring the effective delivery of high quality financial support and information to senior management, directors and members to enable good decision making that will ultimately improve performance. Key responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the production and embedding of the Medium Term Financial Strategy (MTFS)
- Managing a team whose purpose is to undertake the financial analysis and financial modelling required by the Council.
- Co-ordinating the financial performance reporting to the corporate management team and Members
- Supporting finance colleagues in facilitating the budgeting and planning requirements and timetable of the Council.
- Leading the training arrangements for the Finance Service, including supporting and mentoring the apprentices and trainee accountant(s).
To be suitable for this role you need to be a commercially minded fully finance professional with the ability to build relationships and influence senior stakeholders. You will have proven experience of facilitating and co-ordinating budgeting and planning cycles ideally within a local government setting.
For more information on Reading, the recruitment process and to see the job description please refer to https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/reading or contact Matt Swindell on 07921 337 926 or Will Ryan on 07789 871 864 for a confidential conversation.
On the microsite you can also find out more about the virtual open evening we are hosting with senior stakeholders on Wednesday 25th November at 5.30pm.
The closing date is Sunday, 29th November.