Strategic Finance Business Partner – Economic Growth and Neighbourhood Services
Sector: Local Government
Location: South East
Date posted: 09/11/2020
Salary: £54,800 - £58,900 per annum
Reading Borough Council are entering a period of exciting change. Despite the challenges facing local authorities Reading are focused on improving the quality of life for residences, including investing in new leisure facilities, reducing their carbon footprint, improving customer service and putting in place more self-enabling support within Social Care.
To support these changes and also to play a key role in the finance improvement programme underway at Reading, we are recruiting three finance roles including the Strategic Finance Business Partner for Economic Growth and Neighbourhood Services.
The Strategic Finance Business Partner for Economic Growth and Neighbourhood Services will lead a team who will need to embed themselves in the services to better understand the challenges and opportunities, creating initiatives to financially benefit the Council and becoming proactive and trusted financial advisers. They will be focused on helping the Economic Growth and Neighbourhood Directorate improve access to decent housing and keeping Reading’s environment clean, green and safe. Key responsibilities include:
- Being the senior strategic financial adviser for Economic Growth and Neighbourhood Services as a key member of their directorate management team, working closely with the Executive Director, Assistant Directors and other stakeholders, including Members
- Being the S151 Officer’s representative in regard of all financial matters relating to the directorate
- Delivering a robust and pro-active financial planning and reporting service as well as driving and maintaining high standards of financial control
- Understanding cost drivers, risks and opportunities to generate ideas and create initiatives for Economic Growth and Neighbourhood Services, as well as providing challenge
- Developing a high performing customer focused team to support decision making
To be suitable for this role you need to be a fully qualified customer-focused finance professional with the ability to build relationships and influence senior stakeholders. You will have proven experience of developing a business partnering approach, ideally within a Housing or Environment setting.
For more information on Reading, the recruitment process and to see the job description please refer to https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/reading or contact Matt Swindell on 07921 337 926 or Will Ryan on 07789 871 864 for a confidential conversation.
On the microsite you can also find out more about the virtual open evening we are hosting with senior stakeholders on Wednesday 25th November at 5.30pm.
The closing date is Sunday, 29th November