Interim Head of Financial Planning and Analysis
Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 23/11/2020
Duration: 5 months
Salary: £550 - £600 per day
A Local Authority client are currently recruiting for Head of Financial Planning and Analysis to support and lead through the budget setting cycler being responsible for financial strategy, financial advice, service reviews, major projects and budget setting.
- To lead and develop the organisations Medium Tern Financial Strategy (MTFS)
- Lead the organisations response and understanding of national issues in relation to funding; Comprehensive Spending Reviews, Budget Reports and the Local Government Settlement etc.
- Co-ordinate the Annual Budget Process to deliver an effective programme to ensure the organisation delivers to the statutory deadlines.
- Set and deliver an annual training plan for the organisation to improve the financial capability of non-financial managers across the organisation and knowledge within the Finance Team
- Deliver the work programme set by the Head of Finance including leading on cross cutting projects on behalf of the Head of Finance and representing the organisation with external bodies.
You will be CCAB qualified and have experience of working leading a financial strategy team in a local government or similar setting
This role will be remote working for the foreseeable due to COVID-19