Date posted: 09/12/2020
Salary: Circa £38,000 per annum
Allen Lane is delighted to be working with King’s College London in their search for a Management Accountant to join their Finance & Planning team.
Reporting into the Senior Finance Business Partner of the Arts & Sciences Faculties, you will be a self-starter with excellent communication skills, ready to join a busy team. Your focus will be to provide high quality financial support and advice in pursuit of the University’s academic objectives.
This is a fantastic opportunity to provide extra support to a busy department, working closely with the Senior Finance Business Partner and providing supervisory support to the team’s Assistant Management Accountants and support staff. As Management Accountant, you will regularly liaise with senior stakeholders. You will utilise outstanding Excel skills to facilitate accurate month end reporting and have the opportunity to develop efficiencies and improvements.
The post-holder will produce regular management accounts reports, forecasts, commentaries, analysis and reconciliations. You will support the production of future year budgets, while acting as a coach and mentor to deliver financial training and development. You will be the first point of contact for financial matters, dealing with a range of queries from faculties and their departments. You will also provide cover for other team members within the Management Accounting team.
In order to be immediately effective in the role, applicants must be able to demonstrate the following essential criteria in their application:
- Qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA, ICAEW)
- Confident working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (particularly Excel) and the ability to work on new systems
- Experience of working effectively in collaboration with staff from different teams
- Methodical and detail-oriented, maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Ability to work with a broad range of stakeholders in a professional and assured manner
- Proactive with the ability to work independently as well as delivering within a team
- Curious, customer service oriented, with a commitment to personal accountability and continuous improvement, and strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Adaptable and flexible to organisational change, driving own professional development
- Commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace – demonstrable alignment to the King’s Principles in Actions
It is desirable that applicants hold an undergraduate (BA, BSc) level degree. Applicants with knowledge of HEI funding are encouraged, however this is not essential.
In return, King’s College London is offering an outstanding opportunity to be part of a busy, vibrant and dynamic team. This is a full-time role, and while the role will require remote working initially, applicants should be prepared to commute to the offices based in London Waterloo when this is permitted.
Applicants will be asked to include a cover letter to accompany their CV before the closing date of 31st December 2020. This post is subject to a two-stage interview process, with interviews taking place during week commencing 18th January 2021. Early applications are encouraged as the hiring manager reserves the right to bring forward the application deadline in the event of overwhelming interest.
If you feel you meet the above criteria and would like to register your interest for the role, please submit an up-to-date version of your CV. For more information on the opportunity, please contact Ed Stroud directly: firstname.lastname@example.org | 07920 104 751