Senior Finance Business Partner
Date posted: 12/01/2021
Salary: c. £58,000 per annum
Allen Lane are delighted to be working with King’s College London in their search for a Senior Finance Business Partner to join the Health finance team.
Reporting into the Head of Finance (Health), you will be a self-starter with excellent communication skills, ready to join a busy team operating in an ever-changing environment. Your focus will be to lead and manage senior level interactions with non-finance stakeholders across the Nursing and Life Sciences & Medicine’s Faculties, which have a combined annual turnover of circa £300m.
This is a fantastic opportunity to help a finance team held in high regard by the Faculties – you will contribute to a culture of good financial practice and understand the wider impact of the role finance plays at one of the UK’s leading HEIs. The successful candidate will be capable of juggling multiple priorities, have the ability to focus on the detail and be prepared to make decisions that deliver a strategic impact. You will be able to work at pace, working through high amounts of data before determining which actions should be taken.
In this front-facing role, you will regularly liaise regularly with senior stakeholders, building rapport, trust and demonstrating your ability to problem solve. You will be capable of holding difficult conversations, often pushing back in a constructive manner.
In order to be immediately effective in the role, applicants must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Qualified accountant (e.g. ACA)
- Flexibility in their time management and availability
- An analytical approach to problem solving
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- High level skills on finance systems and Excel
- An ability to communicate complex finance issues to non-finance staff
- Experience of management accounting gained either within a finance department or through working in practice
- An ability to present financial information in spreadsheets and other forms
- Experience dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders, operating with patience
- Comfortable working under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
In return, King’s College London is offering an outstanding opportunity to learn and develop as a Senior Finance Business Partner in a demanding yet rewarding environment. Predominantly based in their Guy’s campus office, with occasional time spent in Waterloo, you will also have access to a competitive staff benefits package.
If you feel you meet the above criteria and would like to register your interest for the role, please submit an up-to-date version of your CV. Applicants will be asked to provide a cover letter of no more than 2 pages outlining their suitability to the role. For more information on the opportunity, please contact Ed Stroud directly: email@example.com | 07920 104 751