ICT Sourcing Manage
Date posted: 12/01/2021
Salary: Up to £55,000 per annum + excellent benefits
Brunel University London, a world-class educational institution offering a wide range of courses in London, with over c12,900 students and c2,500 staff, and a total income of circa £216 million (2017/18).
In 2016, Brunel celebrated its 50th Anniversary since being awarded its Royal Charter in 1966, and it’s mission has always been to combine academic rigour with the practical, entrepreneurial and imaginative approach pioneered by namesake Isambard Kingdom Brunel.
We are supporting Brunel as it transforms its transactional ‘tendering team’ into a commercially focused, centrally coordinated ‘Procurement Services’ function; becoming an integral and valued (internal and external) strategic partner with increased execution capability.
Reporting into the Procurement Director, you will:
- Take ownership of category vision and deliver ICT Category Plans
- Be responsible for highlighting risk and issues and recording progress through periodic reporting.
- Identify and promote value added services across the University
- Deliver budget efficiencies and maximise use of University’s funds
- Procure and negotiate contractual agreements with an interest in recommending and promoting innovation
To succeed, you will be professionally qualified in MCIPS or similar, with a strong track record in delivering multiple high value/risk procurement projects using Project Management techniques. The post holder will ideally have experience of change management, excellent communication and influencing skills, and able to build sustainable and productive relationships with stakeholders. In addition, you will be resilient enough to excel within a newly created and changing team.
For an informal confidential discussion about the role please contact Becca Farnon on 020 3031 9628 or email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org