Category Manager (Children’s Social Care)
Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 08/04/2021
Salary: Up to £50,000 per annum*
Category Manager required with flexible working from home.
We are delighted to recruit for our client as they go through this period of significant change. As “Category Manager” you will play an important part of the exciting organisation-wide transformation programme that will help them to deliver their vision of “thriving communities for everyone”. This means big changes in the years ahead, to protect and improve frontline services for residents, while cutting red tape and reducing costs. At the core of the transformation is a new operating model and way of working that will drive better value for money.
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Category and will be responsible for the delivery of key procurement and contract management activities in relation to Children’s Social Care.
Main responsibilities of the Category Manager for Children’s Social Care:
- To form part of both councils joint procurement and contract management function and deliver products and services within Children’s Social Care.
- Managing supplier negotiations and ensuring value for money deals are obtained
- Ensuring that all policies are strictly followed throughout the procurement process and that all procurement is carried out in an ethical and EU compliant manner
- To drive the delivery of procurement for Children’s Social Care spend across both councils
- Be responsible for the line management of category officers, assistant procurement and contract management officers.
- To build and promote relationships, relating to Children’s Social Care, their suppliers which represent value for money.
Skills & Experience required of the Category Manager – Children’s Social Care
- Degree or equivalent CIPS qualification
- Stakeholder engagement experience
- Demonstrate experience at delivering savings to an organisation through effective category management
- Must have in depth OJEU legislation expertise
- Experience leading the full cradle to grave procurement process
- Ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously.
- Ability to analyse contracts and manage contracts at all levels
- Experience within Children’s Social Care as a category – DESIREABLE BUT NOT ESSENTIAL
Key to success will be your energy to drive through improvements and your ability to live and breathe a set of behaviours and attitudes that we believe will ensure that, in time, Oxfordshire will be a market leader in procurement and innovative service delivery. Please apply to be considered or for further details please visit our microsite https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/oxcc-proc