Technical Capital Accountant
Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 30/03/2021
Salary: £48,123 - £51,303 per annum
Essex Police are entering a period of exciting change. Despite the increased challenges facing the emergency services caused by the Covid-19 pandemic, Essex Police are focused on delivering significant new initiatives which will further contribute to the safety and security of the residents of Essex.
Essex Police have delivered funding for more Police Officers, provided the investment needed for better technologies and broadened the number of volunteers from communities to help keep residents safe.
During this period of proactive change we are recruiting two finance roles, including the Technical Capital Accountant, which will work alongside the Corporate Accounting Manager in delivering on a range of significant capital projects totalling in excess of £100m, including the redevelopment of Essex Police’s HQ in Chelmsford. Key responsibilities include:
- Leading on the creation, coordination, and development of the annual capital budget, including the implementation of a sound and robust financing plan
- Providing key support and expert advice to Chief Officers in respect of capital projects and related technical issues impacting the force
- Overseeing business case approvals for key capital projects
- Leading on all treasury management and cashflow forecasting, including the creation of annual strategy documents which comply with the CIPFA Prudential Code
- Preparing and presenting capital and treasury reports to board level
To be suitable for this role you need to be a fully qualified CCAB Accountant (or Finalist) with a strong technical skillset and a thorough understanding of capital accounting and treasury management. You will have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and present reports to senior management.
For more information on Essex Police, the recruitment process and to see the job description please contact Matthew Swindell on 07921 337926 MatthewSwindell@allenlane.co.uk or Will Ryan on 07789 871864 WillRyan@allenlane.co.uk for a confidential conversation.
Closing date: Monday 19th April, 2021
Interview date: weeks commencing Monday 10th May 2021