Financial Accountant – Year End
Date posted: 07/04/2021
Duration: 4 months
Salary: £250 - £300 per day
My client is a leading healthcare charity in the UK that supports thousands of people every year. They have gone through significant transformation over the past couple of years and continue to make vast improvements to efficiency and impact in the corporate functions. As they go into the busy financial year end period from January, they are looking to bring in an Oracle experienced Financial Accountant to support them until end of July.
- Ensuring the accuracy of the Trial Balance by preparing regular reports and analysis for review, and co-ordinating the monthly process to review Balance Sheet Reconciliations.
- Carry out any changes required to the Chart of Accounts and check regularly to ensure that it remains fit for purpose.
- Work with the Payroll Manager to make sure that all payroll costs are accurately reflected in the Trial Balance.
- Support the year end process to deliver a clean audit and accurate and timely Annual Accounts, including preparation of audit schedules and accounts for Financial Controller review. Responsible for pension and subsidiary accounts.
- Support the Financial Controller to ensure a strong control environment, particularly through regular review of key processes.
- Use systems expertise to ensure ORACLE and other systems used in financial accounting are able to deliver accurate numbers and strong controls.
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant who ideally has excellent knowledge and experience of Oracle system but must have extensive year end and reconciliations experience. They will be highly organised, efficient, accurate in their work and a confident communicator.