Head of Finance
Date posted: 13/05/2021
Salary: £70,000 per annum
Having been asked by the chancellor in 2015 to dig deeper into Britain’s productivity problem, Sir Charlie Mayfield brought together some of the brightest minds in the UK plc to approach the problem in a different way.
The “How Good Is Your Business Really” report called for a business-led response to the UK’s productivity challenge and identified improving SME management and leadership capability as they key to change.
Led by Sir Charlie, Be the Business was launched in November 2017 with funding and support from the UK government and some of Britain’s leading companies. We work with the entire business community to share what works for today’s best businesses with every company that wants to learn and improve.
At a critical time in the organisation’s evolution, we are looking for a dynamic and motivated finance professional to provide high quality financial support and insight for the organisation alongside ownership of IT and facilities.
Reporting into the Chief Financial Officer, this is a key position and responsibilities include:
- Producing annual budget and input to long term financial plan, including developing and maintaining cost allocation model;
- Providing clear communication and in-depth support by building and maintaining excellent relationships with the business and ensuring budget holders are supported on all financial issues;
- Leading the design, implementation and review of systems, processes and procedures to improve insight quality; ensuring appropriate financial controls are in place and system is appropriate to business needs;
- Producing statutory accounts for the Group and Subsidiary and managing the annual audit process; overseeing VAT and running monthly payroll;
- Be the key liaison point for buildings/facilities team and managing relationship with external IT provider;
- Managing a small team and enabling an office environment that empowers staff to do their best work.
The successful candidate must be a professionally qualified accountant with a driven and proactive approach and robust technical skills from the Charity, Commercial or wider Public Sector. You will have experience running a multi-functional team or significant exposure to cross-functional projects. You will have robust excel and modelling skills and experience of changing finance systems or driving improvements in existing system use. We are looking for somebody highly collaborative yet autonomous. You will possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to engage and develop staff that you manage and build rapport with a range of finance and non-finance persons across the organisation.
To apply, please submit your CV via the link by 9th May. For an informal conversation about the role please contact Bryony Feeney at Allen Lane on email@example.com / 07921334625. We reserve the right to close the application process early and as such highly encourage early applications.