Senior Internal Auditor
Location: National - base location will be discussed at interview.
Date posted: 28/04/2021
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Liberata is committed to creating opportunities for its employees, its clients and its shareholders. Our employees are motivated and we realise their potential, challenging them to learn and to embrace change. Our passion for process and an intense client focus ensures that we deliver an award winning service.
Liberata’s staff benefits and rewards are accessible on one easy to use website. The programme provides employees with unbeatable discounts which help them save money on retailers such as Argos, M&S, B&Q, Currys PC World, Debenhams, etc. Liberata will also automatically enrol you into our contribution matching pension scheme.
In order to develop Liberata’s service excellence we are expanding our Internal Audit function and wish to recruit a highly skilled and motivated Senior Internal Auditor to join the team. Reporting to the Internal Audit Manager, the Senior Internal Auditor will be responsible for assessing and assuring compliance with legal and regulatory standards, and internal and customer facing policies, procedures and performance obligations. The successful candidate will deliver planned and ad hoc reviews to monitor and review the efficacy and application of control measures, report findings and make recommendations, maintain a log of identified issues and exercise continuing oversight to confirm resolution.
The remit of the role will extend across all areas of the organisation, and all activities performed, with priorities being determined by risk assessment and exposure. This role requires an experienced Internal Auditor with relevant audit and risk experience, who must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment together with excellent attention to detail. The individual must have excellent communication and management skills in order to maintain and develop relationships with key stakeholders to ensure that audit work is carried out in accordance with best practice.
Key tasks and responsibilities will be:
This role includes but is not limited to the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Conducting planned and ad hoc Internal Audit reviews – inclusive of :
- Planning – Undertake research; understand the business area and processes; identify key risks for review; agree audit scope and objectives; and determine the audit approach.
- Fieldwork – Evaluation of the effectiveness of the design of controls; undertaking of appropriate audit testing; and identification of control weaknesses, risks, synergies, and cost savings/recoveries.
- Debrief – Communication of audit findings to management, in a manner to influence effective change and develop management action plans and pragmatic solutions to address any deficiencies identified.
- Reporting – Prepare draft Internal Audit reports for review by the Internal Audit Manager and agreement with management.
- Follow Up – Monitor progress of implementation of agreed recommendations; assist and advise management as required; and maintain an awareness of the business impact and changing landscape.
- Maintain appropriate audit documentation to high quality standards.
- Complete audits in line with agreed timescales.
- Support, advise and participate with business change and improvement projects, fraud investigations, and other ad hoc work as required.
- Assist in identifying risks and process improvement opportunities and areas for audit review across the business.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with management and staff.
- Assist with the development of the Internal Audit function and its promotion across the business.
- Maintain and develop audit knowledge, skills and other competencies, including awareness of developments in audit and compliance practice and changing legislation/practice that may affect business operations.
Uphold Liberata’s values to – keep our customers at the centre of everything we do; strive to deliver inspiring outcomes; and be expert, accessible and dependable.
Essential Skills and Attributes:
- Good academic background, ideally with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Relevant professional qualification e.g. CMIIA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent.
- Experience in an audit, risk and/or compliance role – with a financial and/or IT background would be beneficial.
- Excellent understanding of Internal Audit methodologies, risk and control frameworks.
- Experience of delivering Internal Audits to quality standards and within agreed timescales.
- Methodical approach to Internal Audit and excellent organisational skills.
- Analytical thinker with sound judgement and the ability to examine, interpret and assimilate varied and complex data.
- Ability to think creatively, generate innovative ideas, and able to see and think outside the box.
- Service delivery, commercial and value-added focused.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – with an ability to express ideas with authority and conviction, and constructively challenge the status quo and influence change.
- Personable with strong interpersonal skills.
- Authentic and operates with high levels of integrity, transparency, humility and professionalism.
- Self-motivated and able to work with a degree of autonomy, whilst also able to engage and work within a team.
- Full driving licence.
- Ability to travel across the UK and comfortable travelling alone. While location is flexible, it will be necessary to travel to client and company locations across the country possibly requiring extended periods away from the home/normal office base.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and IT competent – excellent proficiency with Excel would be beneficial.
To comply with the government’s Baseline Security Personnel Standard Verification process, this job is subject to completion of a DBS check.
You can apply for this role by submitting a CV outlining your knowledge and experience relevant to the role to email@example.com
The closing date for this vacancy is 21st May 2021
Encouraging diversity and promoting talent. If you are applying for an internal vacancy, please inform your Leader.