Finance Business Partner (Children’s Social Care and Early Intervention and Prevention)
Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 30/04/2021
Salary: £46,756 - £54,238 per annum
Camden has a proud, rebellious spirit that throughout its history has seen communities come together to tackle problems, and to bring about real social change. It is a hugely ambitious organisation, with a flair for creativity and innovation and always puts residents at the heart of what we do.
Despite the challenges that the COVID pandemic has brought, Camden is committed to building back better, particularly with the launch of Camden’s Renewal Commission that brings together residents, local businesses, leading economists and social activists to create tangible ways to make our residents’ lives better.
The Finance team are playing a vital role in helping the delivery of Camden’s vision and supporting the community, coupling our innovative, bold style with providing excellent advice and sound financial management. There is already a highly skilled team in place, but we are looking to add to this with some key roles.
The Finance Business Partner will lead on the financial monitoring, budget-setting and business partnering for Children’s’ Social Care and Early Intervention and Prevention. It will also play a significant role in closing the Council’s accounts. The key outcomes and objectives include:
- Providing an effective and valued business partnering service to directors and senior stakeholders that assists the division in achieving their outcomes whilst driving financial improvements
- Ensuring effective financial strategies are in place to help meet the key strategic objectives of the service and council
- Supporting services to generate forecasts which reflect the cost drivers in the division, and pressures and risks are highlighted and dealt with at appropriate levels
- Ensuring the team are providing a business partnering service and looking at continuous improvement
- Leading the closing collaborative team which works across the business partnering teams to ensure that closing deadlines and objectives are met. (The postholder is not responsible for the delivery of the Statement of Accounts)
To be suitable for the role you need to be a qualified accountant with the ability to develop relationships, support stakeholders and really understand how the service works. Proven experience of budgeting, monitoring and options appraisal from any sector is essential.
This position will initially, in line with current government guidance, be based from home. However, when government guidelines change in future this role will work in a hybrid way, with an expectation that there will be a mix of days in the office and working from home.
For more information about Camden, the interview processes and to see the job description please refer to https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/camden-finance or contact Will Ryan at Allen Lane on 07789871864 for an informal conversation.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 17th May. The cover letter should be no more than 2 pages and should include why you are interested in the position and why you believe you are suitable