Head of Information Security & Risk
Date posted: 27/05/2021
Duration: 3 months +
Salary: £305 per day
Allen Lane is working alongside an NHS organisation in London, who are on the lookout for an interim Head of Information Security & Risk, to lead on this area, as well as build new internal and external relationships before eventually handing the role over to a substantive replacement.
The successful candidate will be accountable for ensuring that the Trust can protect patient data and services from cyber risk, and can meet national NHS standard for cyber security.
Reporting into the Director of Technology, the successful candidate will lead the development and implementation of patient-centric cyber risk management strategies, will assess and report on cyber security risk posture and compliance, and will provide leadership and guidance to the wider Trust on cyber security issues. Additional duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Own and report on capital and revenue budgets for delivery of targeted cyber improvement initiatives
- Management of an experienced team, including an Information Security Manager, Security Operations Manager, Security Risk Manager and Information Security Analysts
- Shape commercially acceptable business cases and propositions for Cyber Security investment
- Provide direction and assurance for cyber security service development and operation, including assurance on cyber security services provided by suppliers
- Assess and report on cyber security risk posture and compliance through specification an collection of relevant cyber security metrics and KPIs
- Ensure that the Trust can meet the requirements of national cyber security standards and legislation, including the Data Security & Protection Toolkit, Cyber Essentials Plus, the Data Protection Act (2018)/GDPR and the Directive on the security of Network and Information Systems
- Provide colleague education and awareness, up to board level, on cyber threat and how to safely respond to cyber incidents
The role is initially for 3 months, with a view of extension, and will require someone who is available at short to no notice. Should this role be of interest, and matched up to your skillsets, please get in touch with Joe Tyrrell at Allen Lane.