Finance Transformation, Systems and Continuous Improvement Lead
Sector: Central Government
Date posted: 15/06/2021
Duration: 18 months - 2 years FTC
Salary: Up to £74,091 per annum
The post of Finance Transformation, Systems and Continuous Improvement Lead is primarily responsible for leading the transformation of the Finance function, implementation of the new Finance operating model, and providing specialist advisory support for continuous improvement across all finance functions, including ensuring it customer/stakeholder needs are exceeded, and meets public accountability expectations, legislation and professional standards.
As the DBS is a member of the Home Oﬃce family, you will work closely with other members of the Home Office Finance community. Building relationships with people in Home Oﬃce will be key to ensuring DBS and Home Oﬃce expectations, systems and processes are aligned.
You will play a key role in the implementation of the revised Finance structure, designed to enable the continued development of the function to become a true partner to the organisation, influencing and supporting strategic decision making, with the capacity and capability to support the delivery of our 2025 strategy.
- Lead the finance systems team, providing direction and influence that ensures the team has the required capacity, capability, processes and systems to deliver its objectives.
- Be the organisational lead for DBS Finance systems with Home Office, actively championing and promoting DBS requirements, and system and process improvements.
- Work with senior stakeholders across the organisation to design, develop and implement a future operating support model for Oracle Fusion.
- Lead the implementation of the new Finance structure and operating model and work collaboratively as a member of the Finance lead team to embed the new ways of working.
- Development of a Finance Transformation roadmap to enable the function to become a true partner to the organisation that creates and drives value opportunities.
- Leading the finance function to deliver tangible and recordable value, reducing and eliminating inefficient processes through continuous improvement, the introduction of new tools where appropriate and supporting collaboration across the function.
- Working closely with other business functions to scope and implement initiatives that optimise operational processes across the value chain, delivering sustainable, agile and digitally driven process optimisation solutions and the ability to self-serve.
- Interacting with senior leadership team members and senior members of staff from across the organisation, as well as partners such as the Home Office.
- Leading cross-functional working groups to improve Finance business processes, taking an end to end approach, focussing on service improvement, operational excellence and increased customer satisfaction.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- A part of fully qualified member of a CCAB accounting body or CIMA
- Proven relevant experience of working within a change/transformation role
- Experience of working within a high performing Finance team
- Experience as a Finance Systems lead
- Strong stakeholder management
- Ability to resolve problems and present appropriate business solutions and recommendations
- Experience of working with Oracle Fusion
- Experienced operating in a regulatory agency or non-departmental public body (NDPB) preferred but not essential
Skills and Personal Qualities
- Strategic thinking, planning and analysis skills, with the ability to develop creative solutions to support the management of change and mitigate associated risks.
- Display a high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high impact, complex, and/or cross functional problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of functional heads, senior managers, and subject matter experts
- Excellent relationship management, influencing, facilitation and presentation skills
- An expert people manager with the ability to build, lead, coach and retain a cohesive and high performing team.
For more information on this role and the DBS please visit our dedicated micro-site – https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/dbscampaign
To discuss the role please contact Tim Salmon – DBS@allenlane.co.uk / 07921335786