Band 9* Head of Finance – Strategic Planning
Location: Canary Wharf
Date posted: 05/07/2021
Salary: £97,894-£111,817 per annum**
Barts Health is one of the largest NHS trusts in the country, and one of Britain’s leading healthcare providers.
The Barts Health group of NHS hospitals is entering an exciting new era on our improvement journey to becoming an outstanding organisation with a world-class clinical reputation. Having lifted ourselves out of special measures, we now have the impetus and breathing space to chart a fresh course in which we are continually striving to improve all our services for patients.
Our vision is to be a high-performing group of NHS hospitals, renowned for excellence and innovation, and providing safe and compassionate care to our patients in east London and beyond. That means being a provider of excellent patient safety, known for delivering consistently high standards of harm-free care and always caring for patients in the right place at the right time. It also means being an outstanding place to work, in which our WeCare values and behaviours are visible to all and guide us in how we work together.
This is a high profile and newly created opportunity that will report into the Deputy Chief Finance Officer (Strategic Planning). The role will support the delivery of all aspects of Strategic Planning within finance and the wider Barts Health Group, and provide management and day to day support within the wider Finance and Procurement division. Some of the key responsibilities of the Head of Finance – Strategic Planning will be:
- To provide high quality leadership for the Strategic Planning operations within the finance function including the Costing & Information, Capital & Investment, and Financial Planning teams.
- Support the development of the organisation’s long and medium term financial plan reflecting the triangulation of activity, workforce and finance information.
- Support the design, implementation and monitoring of a 3 year rolling cost improvement plan and the routine reporting of financial delivery against agreed plans.
- Provide support to change management, business development, and commercial opportunities including financial planning and strategy advice, performance and investment appraisal techniques.
- Responsible for coordinating and validating monthly Capital and SLR/PLICs reporting including forecasts to year-end, analysis and interpretation of significant variances and, where appropriate, to influence operational managers/clinicians into taking corrective action.
This is an exciting and challenging position for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, demanding and highly rewarding environment. You will be a part of a high performing team and have the opportunity to be involved in rewarding work which has a significant impact on the population to which the Trust serves.
The successful candidate is likely come from a variety of backgrounds from within the NHS or the wider health sector and would have operated in a strategic finance role. You will have the confidence and gravitas to bring people within the organisation together to reach common goals. Having the tenacity and positive style to deliver in a challenging financial environment is critical, as is the ability to delicately influence a wide ranging group.
We are delivering an inclusive and transparent process where we are actively seeking a diverse field of candidates to reflect the population that Barts Health NHS Trust serves.
Please contact Adrian Watts from Allen Lane by sending in your CV and supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Sunday 18th July.
*Banding is subject to evaluation
**inclusive of inner London allowance