Onsite Desktop Support Analyst
Sector: Central Government
Date posted: 11/08/2021
Salary: £30,000 - £33,000 per annum
Allen Lane is working alongside a Central Government organisation based in the City of London, supporting their search for an onsite Desktop Support Analyst on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will be expected to provide an exceptional onsite experience to end users, dramatically improving the overall internal and external customer experience.
Additional duties include, but are not limited to:
- As part of a team of 5, provide 1st/2nd Line service to Investment Banks, including VIP calls
- Support a hybrid setup of a virtualised and physical Windows 10 environment, covering around 120+ end users
- Provide personal and conference room support on MS Teams & O365
- Utilise telephony support knowledge to support with Avaya phone systems
- Provide support to Market data systems including Bloomberg and Reuters
- Liaise with end users in person and remotely, ensuring good communication is always a top priority
- Liaise with Infrastructure and Application support teams to ensure resolutions processes are adhered to properly
Skills required to be considered include, but again are not limited to:
- Exceptional communication skills, both in person and remotely
- Experience within a Banking/Finance organisation, and knowledge of Public Sector methods
- Experience supporting Windows 10, MS Teams, O365, Citrix Ideal setups, Avaya telephony systems etc.
- Supporting virtualised and physical setups
- Experience supporting Dealer boards (DL to brokers), and/or market data systems would be desirable
- SC Clearance is also a desirable. A willingness to go through said checks is mandatory, if you haven’t already done so
The role is full time, on site at the City based office, and the successful candidate will be required to work shift patterns, which include 06:30 – 14:30, 09:00 – 17:00 and 10:30 – 18:30 on a rota basis.
Should this role be of interest and you’d like to hear more, please contact Joe Tyrrell at Allen Lane.