SEO Technical Engineer
Sector: Central Government
Date posted: 20/09/2021
Salary: £40,600 - £43,889 per annum*
Are you ready to join a Government department undergoing an exciting and significant Digital Transformation? Cabinet Office are seeking the appointment of a permanent Technical Engineer to help support the ambition to make UK Government digital services the best in the world.
As Technical Engineer you will join the Chief Digital Information Office (CDIO) Technology pillar, which provides, maintains and supports the IT services (infrastructure, telephony, network, WiFi, end-user devices, cloud capability and software) relied upon by the entire Cabinet Office.
You will be working as an Install Move Add Change (IMAC) Technical Engineer. You will form part of the IMAC Team that sits under the Delivery Function of the organisation and works closely with the Delivery Managers. You will also work in partnership with the other functions of CDIO such as Cloud Service, Network Operations, End User Compute and the Business Operation Function which include the Commercial and Training teams.
The successful appointee will play a crucial role in supporting the delivery of large projects and managing the delivery of smaller projects such as office relocation/setups where you will be required to travel to Cabinet Office regional sites. You will be highly motivated and ready to work in a fast-paced environment, working with high profile stakeholders in a variety of multi-disciplined teams. You will operate with tact and discretion, while delivering excellent service. You will be a proactive problem-solver, capable of identifying and understanding problems before creating solutions. This is an exciting opportunity to work in an ever-changing environment, in order to be effective in post you will display the following:
- Proven and detailed experience working in desk-side support with experience of Windows, Mac OS devices, iOS and Android phones. Able to build these devices, configure and remotely deploy to users in a timely manner, creating guidance where appropriate.
- Proven experience managing installations and team set ups
- Proven experience managing projects
- Able to demonstrate skills and experience installing active Infrastructure components (e.g switches, routers) and the network connectivity skills required to present the IT services to an end-users desktop
- Hands on experience in device management such as Active Directory, Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager (SSCM), Casper (JAMF) and Airwatch/Workspace ONE
- Proven ability to multitask and prioritise a busy workload allowing effective delivery of change
- Excellent communication skills with an appreciation for good customer service
- Able to work proactively and under your own initiative as well as part of a team, sharing knowledge and information with your team
You will be assessed based on the following Behaviours:
- Working together
- Delivering at pace
- Making effective decisions
- Managing a quality service
Please note that this role requires a minimum SC clearance, which would normally require 5 years UK residency in the past 5 years.
Applicants will be required to provide an up to date CV and supporting statement (up to 1,250 words) detailing how you meet the requirements and behaviours listed above. You will also provide a completed diversity form.
To apply, please email email@example.com.
Download our Diversity Monitoring Form
Download the full job description here
*any offer made above the base grade will be made up with a non-pensionable specialist pay allowance based on capability.