G7 Workspace ONE Lead
Sector: Central Government
Date posted: 20/09/2021
Salary: £49,700 - £57,000 per annum*
Are you ready to join a Government department undergoing an exciting and significant Digital Transformation? Cabinet Office are seeking the appointment of a permanent Workspace ONE Lead to help support the ambition to make UK Government digital services the best in the world.
As Workspace ONE Lead, you will join the Technology Pillar which provides, maintains and supports the infrastructure, telephony, network, WiFi, end-user compute, cloud capability and software across the entire Cabinet Office estate. Our user base includes the Cabinet Office, Crown Commercial Services, Estates and Government Property Agency.
This role is accountable for operating an endpoint management platform that is secure, performance-driven, and minimally intrusive for end-users/corporate devices. This person will also become the technical owner of these tools and will provide L2 and L3 escalation support when necessary for Live Services. The Workspace ONE Lead will have the responsibility to create and maintain documentation, change management and root cause analysis.
The successful appointee will be required to fulfil a range of duties, including:
- Supporting existing Workspace ONE customers with troubleshooting, upgrades and general questions
- Research, evaluate, and recommend new or upgraded hardware/software to ensure proper operation and performance for customers
- Work with vendors for product enhancement announcements and other issues
- Utilise basic network skills to help in solving customer UEM issues
- Accurately determine resource requirements for a particular project/task
For a comprehensive list of the duties, please view the job description.
In order to be immediately effective as Workspace ONE Lead, applicants must demonstrate the following essential skills and experience:
- Minimum 4 years of experience managing an MDM / EMM solution and SaaS based platforms
- Highly developed written and verbal communication
- Strong attention to detail, goal-oriented and able to work independently
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within changing priorities
- Experience working with Active Directory and related services such as PKI, LDAP and Group Policy
- Strong experience managing and administering of Android and iOS devices
- Experience implementing planned changes to infrastructure
- Understanding of Windows 10 and MacOS device management
- Knowledge of Powershell scripting
- Experience of supporting infrastructure services for 10,000+ users
- Experience in IaaS/PaaS Compute such as AWS,GCP or Azure (Certification preferred)
- Familiarity with legislation pertaining to Government/ Public Sector IT
Please note that this role requires a minimum SC clearance, which would normally require 5 years UK residency in the past 5 years.
Applicants will be required to provide an up to date CV and supporting statement (up to 1,250 words) detailing how you meet the requirements and behaviours listed above. You will also provide a completed diversity form.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download our Diversity Monitoring Form
Download the full job description here
*any offer made above the base grade will be made up with a non-pensionable specialist pay allowance based on capability.