G7 Business Data Architect
Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 12/09/2021
Salary: £49,700 - £70,400 per annum*
Are you ready to join a Government department undergoing an exciting and significant Digital Transformation? Cabinet Office are seeking the appointment of a permanent Business Data Architect to help support the ambition to make UK Government digital services the best in the world.
As Business Data Architect you will join the Data team, facilitating the delivery of the Cabinet Office’s Data priorities through providing alignment of Data and Analytics across the CO business units data strategies. These priorities include Civil Service efficiency and innovation, government security and civil contingencies, Technology Platforming, Data Strategy, Innovation, Data Standards and Inter-operability.
The Data team has responsibility for Data Management including Data Architecture, Digital Knowledge and Information management (DKIM), the Discovery, Science and Insight (DSI) Platform and ensuring delivery of Data Protection and Compliance.
You will be responsible for leading the required maturity step changes in Data Architecture, Data Modelling and Meta Data Management practices across the Cabinet Office.
You will contribute to the delivery of the Data Management Policy and establish new data architectural practices and procedures to ensure a single, trusted view of data is architected for Data Analytics and Insights.
This is an exciting a demanding but highly rewarding post, and in order to be effective you will display the following:
- A wealth of experience in Data Architecture, Data Modelling and Meta Data Management
- Have experience in using Data tooling such as Informatica, Collibra, Erwin etc
- Have experience in using Data Management tooling such as Informatica, Colibra, Erwin etc
- High attention to detail and a sound knowledge of Data Management and Data Lifecycle practices alongside the knowledge of data quality, governance and control
- The ability to think on your feet and problem solve, making important decisions at pace in a high pressured environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, explaining difficult concepts to all audiences
- Passionate about working with people and different personalities, getting the best out of colleagues and stakeholders
To join Cabinet Office in this role you need to have a genuine interest in data services and a strong desire to make a difference. It is also essential for you to be able to work collaboratively and have the flexibility and willingness to partner with key stakeholders from all areas of government and outside of it.
You will be assessed based on the following Behaviours:
- Seeing the bigger picture
- Collaborating and partnering
- Delivering at pace
- Managing a quality service
Please note that this role requires a minimum SC clearance, which would normally require 5 years UK residency in the past 5 years.
Applicants will be required to provide an up to date CV and supporting statement (up to 1,250 words) detailing how you meet the requirements and behaviours listed above. You will also provide a completed diversity form.
To apply, please email email@example.com.
Download our Diversity Monitoring Form
Download the full job description here
*any offer made above the base grade will be made up with a non-pensionable specialist pay allowance based on capability.