Interim Senior / Risk and Assurance Auditor
Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 18/08/2021
Duration: 3 months
Salary: £350 - £375 per day
A public sector body are currently looking to recruit an Interim Senior/Risk and Assurance Auditor.
- Assisting in effectively planning and scoping audit
- Undertaking programmed audit assignments effectively and efficiently under the direction of the Group Audit Lead, ensuring work is produced to the required standard and deadline. Identifying key risks to business objectives, evaluating and testing controls in place and identifying areas for improvement.
- Liaison with client managers in the conduct of audit assignments and under the direction of the Group Audit Lead discussing the findings and actions to address identified risks with
- Advising management on the prevention of fraud – identifying fraud risks in areas under audit review and evaluating and reporting on the effectiveness of controls in place to mitigate those risks and recommend action to strengthen the control
- Assisting in the production of quality audit reports to meet the required standard for reporting to senior management, communicating audit results and agreeing actions to address areas of improvement.
- Contributing to the development of Directorate of Audit, Risk and Assurance policies and
- You will have a recognised qualification in Internal Auditing at CMIIA level, or an Accountancy CCAB qualification with current membership of the appropriate professional body
- You will have a proven track record working within an audit function ideally within the public sector but not essential.
This role will be mostly remote working.