Interim Finance Business Partners
Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 23/08/2021
Duration: 6 months
Salary: £485 - £575 per day*
A Local Authority are going through a period of change as such need to bring in some finance support to add capacity with the finance function.
They are not looking for people who want to deliver routine financial management; they want to do more than just a monthly reporting cycle; they want to drive change and improvements in financial practice across the business. You will bring commerciality, insight, new ideas and be passionate about supporting complex change and what you can bring to the varied projects.
The skill sets/backgrounds required are in the following area
- Corporate Finance/Closure of Accounts
- Capital, Highways and Infrastructure (Experience of working on large scale Capital projects)
- Adults Social Care/Children Social Care
- Corporate Services
If you have experience in any of the above then please do apply.
- Qualified Accountant
- The ability to work with minimal supervision and be a strong team player
- Confidence and able to quickly establish solid working relationship with wide variety of stakeholders
- The ability and willingness to respond quickly and positively to change; identify and implement change in response to business needs
- The ability to think logically or laterally, and using ingenuity to remove or get around difficulties
- The ability to work flexibly across service areas and with partners to achieve the priority outcomes of the Council
The roles will be predominantly remote working with an expectation of at least 1 day a week in the office.
*depending on role and experience