Programme Manager – HR and Finance Systems
Date posted: 10/09/2021
Salary: £53,000 – £59,000 per annum
Allen Lane are delighted to be working with Action for Children on the recruitment of a number of exciting roles that will directly manage them through an exciting 3 year digital transformation programme.
This is a wonderful opportunity to become part of a leading UK Charity that help hundreds of thousands of children every year across over four hundred services. Their successful reach and impact is reliant on the sound infrastructure that supports their frontline services, including technology and digital. They are seeking a Programme Manager with experience of Midland HR and Oracle Fusion to strategically lead on two system projects. As Programme Manager, you will be responsible for leading, directing, coordinating and delivering on these programmes & projects as part of an ambitious technology and digital transformation strategy.
- Successful delivery of the strategic technology programmes to support Action for Children achieving its strategic objectives, using the recognised methodologies (such as MSP) agreed timescales, scope and budget.
- Source, negotiate with, select, engage, and then monitor the performance of consultants and external suppliers engaged in projects and initiatives to support the delivery of the programme.
- Analyse external market data and trends, source internal analysis of business processes and business requirements and use this information to estimate business benefits, costs, risks and timescales to produce a business case for investment.
- Engage senior stakeholders to build support for the proposed investment and the business benefits it will deliver.
- Establish appropriate governance arrangements for the programme and its projects, prepare timely and relevant reports which support informed senior management decision making, and ensure appropriate linkage with organisational governance arrangements.
- Review escalated risks and issues from project managers. Mitigate risks and resolve issues at the programme level and escalate risk and issues as appropriate to the portfolio level.
- Work with other programme managers to identify assumptions and interdependencies across programmes and propose solutions to manage interdependencies so that overall successful business change is achieved.
- Programme and project management qualifications
- Significant experience of delivering large programmes of technology change that have lasting and significant impact on an organisation
- Specifically experience of Midland HR and Workday/Oracle Fusion
- Strong change management and leadership skills.
Action for Children are committed to allowing employees to work predominantly remotely, therefore candidates must be willing to travel to the Watford office only monthly.
Employee benefits include:
- 29 days annual leave per year plus bank holidays
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle scheme
Discount portal – discount off high street brands, concierge, travel agency
Action for Children also welcome applicants seeking flexible hours or pro rata 4 days a week.
Although contract is initially for 12 months, extension for a further year is likely.