Interim Primary School Bursar
Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 14/09/2021
Duration: 3 - 6 months
Salary: £35 - £40 per hour
A two form entry Primary School in Hackney currently has an urgent need for a School Business Manager/Bursar with the main focus being the finance element of the Business Manager role
They currently have 368 pupils on roll, including a nursery, a high number of which are eligible for the Pupil Premium Grant. The school is fully inclusive, with very strong community support and engagement. A strong teaching and learning team ensure that each child reaches their full potential, regardless of background or economic barriers. This is their core purpose. The school is close to excellent transport links, including Dalston Kingsland, Dalston Junction, Hackney Downs and Stoke Newington.
You will be responsible for all matters relating to the administration of the school’s finances and to ensure such matters are handled in accordance with the financial regulations.
- This includes oversight of the bank accounts, VAT accounting, cash handling, public and private funds. In consultation with the Headteacher and Finance Assistant, develop a strategy in the preparation of the annual budget and the 3-year budget plan for approval by the Governing Body
- To monitor the actual budget against expenditure and give notice to the Headteacher and governors of any significant variations or potential risk.
- To provide financial reports to the SLT (Monthly), and to appropriate governors’ meetings throughout the year.
- Monitoring of payments of salaries by payroll, ensuring that the required returns are completed to deadlines e.g. superannuation, taxation and NI.
- To complete monthly bank reconciliation and payroll returns.
- To complete the annual returns required by the following agencies, TPA (Pensions), HM Revenue and Customs (Income Tax, N I and VAT), LA (rates) To be responsible for preparation of bids in respect of grant applications. To prepare and submit financial returns as required by the LA
This is an ASAP start.