Associate Director, Head of Strategic Supplier Relationship Management
Sector: Central Government
Location: North West | Remote working
Date posted: 23/09/2021
Salary: Grade 6 £62,122 - £74,091 per annum
Strategic Supplier Relationship Management is a vital service for DBS, and we will need sound strategic supplier relationship management experience in the Commercial Team to help us deliver on our aim to develop an effective and efficient Intelligent Client function, supporting the DBS to become more business-like and enhance our ability to make recruitment safer.
- Provide expert supplier relationship management professional support, guidance, and advice to the supplier relationship management team and across the business.
- Measure, manage, maintain and enhance the supplier management framework and supporting processes so that they are fit for purpose for DBS requirements including development of supplier segmentation methodology, and a clear approach to oversight of supplier due diligence, assurance and performance.
- Manage the strategic supplier relationship management strategy ensuring it meets the business and commercial needs of the organisation.
- Manage changes to the supplier strategy and plans, at a tactical or strategic level, in order to mitigate any evolving issues or supplier risks, or to align more closely with the corporate strategy
- Accountable for maximising value out of supplier relationships by working closely with suppliers to achieve trust, challenge unnecessary business demands, deliver robust and efficient communication and collaboration, and identify and resolve in a timely and effective way any conflicts and tensions.
- Manage effective supplier governance oversight including ensuring all forums are fit for purpose.
- Ensure all suppliers across the DBS supplier estate are managed effectively and appropriately, in alignment with business needs
- Undertake effective performance oversight including monitoring, trending and reporting on KPIs by establishing processes and controls covering service levels, key obligations, deliverables, SIPs, rectification plans, risk management and security.
- Establishment of key supplier scorecards covering their respective end to end delivery of transformational projects, thereby reducing the time required to agree new work requests and ensure delivery of positive post implementation outcomes.
- Promote DBS as a safeguarding organisation with internal and external stakeholders.
- As part of the DBS Commercial and Marketing and Business Development Strategic Plans, design and oversee the implementation of supplier relationship management objectives and activities, ensuring they meet the business and commercial needs of the organisation.
- Fully engage stakeholders and customers in the DBS and work collaboratively with key stakeholders to deliver the supplier relationship management objectives and activities of the DBS Commercial and Marketing and Business Development Strategic Plans.
- Play an active part as a member of the Directorate Management Team and undertake corporate duties on behalf of the Commercial Director.
- Contribute to ongoing corporate development by playing an active role in business design and planning, and deliver cultural change through setting direction and modelling desired supplier relationship management performance outcomes.
- Support the DBS Board and committees as required by the Commercial Director.
- Work as part of wider Commercial Directorate bringing together supplier relationship management skills and expertise into a coherent and enabling Directorate, establishing and managing risks, audit, business planning and financial management as required.
Support the Commercial Director in creating efficient and effective
For more information on this role and the DBS please visit our dedicated microsite: https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/dbscampaign/ass-director-head-ssrm
Applications close at 23:59 on Sunday 10th October. A CV, supporting statement and completed diversity form will be required.
To discuss the role please contact Tim Salmon – DBS@allenlane.co.uk / 07921 335 786