Finance Manager – Treasury and Income Generation
Sector: Local Government
Date posted: 04/10/2021
Salary: £53,928 - £60,396 per annum
Barnet’s finance team are well on their way with their transformation journey but there is still more to do, they realise that to continually strive for excellence means looking for continuous improvements and innovation. After insourcing the finance service in 2019, they have made fantastic progress with developing a high performing finance team which helps drive impact and creates a better Barnet through innovative financial leadership. Their improvements so far have resulted in their recent win at the PF Awards 2021 in the category for Team of the Year.
The Finance Manager for Treasury and Income Generation reports to the Assistant Director, Investments and Innovation and is the lead for Treasury Management and Income Generation. The roles provides expertise and high-quality financial services to senior stakeholders, proactively contributes to the achievement of the finance service’s vision, and contributes towards developing an innovative, high performance and continuous improvement culture. Key responsibilities include;
- Managing and developing the council’s Treasury Management Strategy,
- Ensuring the council’s daily cash needs are met, and that borrowing & investment decisions are made that protect the council’s financial sustainability
- Cultivating relationships and networks with the financial markets to ensure senior stakeholders understand the risks and rewards inherent in options and recommendations
- Developing business cases to support commercial projects and opportunities
- Modelling and embedding the council’s values and behaviours through working collaboratively with peers, service colleagues, partners and stakeholders
To be suitable for the role you need to be a qualified accountant (or eligible to qualify within 6-12 months) with relevant experience in Local Authority Treasury Management or equivalent investment experience. An understanding of income generation activities beyond treasury management and how you can support the council to deliver maximised income is also highly desirable.
The Council operates a hybrid workplace and this role has the ability to work remotely for the majority of the time, with occasional trips to the office. These are anticipated to be around twice a month when there is a business need.
For an informal discussion regarding the position please contact Will Ryan at Allen Lane on 07789871864.
To apply, please send your CV and supported statement to email@example.com by Monday 1st November. The supported statement should be no more than 2 pages and should include why you are interested in the position and why you believe you are suitable.